GC receipt forcasting

ashishk1

Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory has been released in May 12 and it has given more realistic numbers to work on than that of Jan 12. Also, according to latest visa bulletin none of the EB2 in the pending inventory will get the GC in hand. Based on this info we can approximately predict the month when we could receive GC for those who filed 485 recently.

But there are 3 variables.

1. Total of 40040 number are availble for EB2 and that means 10010 per quarter. According to Section 202(a)(5) of the Act of Immigration and Nationality, unused visa numbers in EB2 will be allocated on a quarterly basis to India and China as they have back log. This variable is clear.

2. 2803 number will be available to India for FY13. Can USCIS use all of them in one month i.e. Oct 2012?

3. Demand data states that "Unused numbers can “fall-down” from E1 to E2 . Unused numbers can “fall-up” from E4 and E5 to E1. This is taken into consideration when setting monthly/annual targets for number use based on historical/recent patterns.". But do they use this spillover monthly to grant the visas ?

Experts, it would be great if someone can shed some light on 2 of them.

• 10 months later...

April VB got released and I'd anticipated some movement for India as per my note below. But it looks like extra EB2 Visas are being given to all other countries except India. Do we have anything like 'Right to Information' to get from USCIS how they are distributing the extra EB2 numbers.

"1. Total of 40040 number are availble for EB2 and that means 10010 per quarter. According to Section 202(a)(5) of the Act of Immigration and Nationality, unused visa numbers in EB2 will be allocated on a quarterly basis to India and China as they have back log. This variable is clear."

Archived