H1B stamping in Vancouver Vs Tijuana Vs Mumbai

Nitesh15

Hi,

I recently did an H1B transfer and received my new approval. I am planning India trip by mid March around 15th -20th March. I was planning to get the visa stamped in Vancouver/Tijuana (I live in LA), but not sure about that after reading about 221g cases in Vancouver..Which place would be best for getting my H1B stamped.

(My previous H1b took 3 months in Mumbai, but was delayed due to a traffic accident case not related to employer information, so assuming that has been verified already against my SSN records.)

Regards,

Priyank

If we assume that you working in a inhouse project, then make sure you should carry all the information about it like budget, targeting market, marketing strategy, advertisement method, I mean each and every thing like you are the product owner and selling it out.

Do not mention about the consulting arm if not asked during the interview.

Hi Srikanth,

Since I live in Los Angeles, I am really not so sure about merida, frankly I have heard from you for the first time. Also it may be a good location to get H1b stamped but in my case would require extensive planning to go there and get it stamped. Apart from the expenses main thing to consider would be what if 221g is received there. I would need to plan trip to india from mexico in that case and get my case transferred to mumbai..this would be true i all locations but practically I donot know anyone in mexico first of all and the city is in a totally different location.

Tijuana is 2 hrs from LA and actually 30 min from San Diego where I work frequently. it feels like I can wait there for sometime.

Other option is to just not stamp here and go to mumbai for the trip and get it done there..

The main question I need to ask is

1) If there is any issue in the border stamping do they consider the situation we are in and do faster processing ? how long do they take generally?

2) I heard that we can go back to home country and get the case transferred there instead of waiting in mexico/canada... is this right?

3) DO we have to go back to home country right from that location itself or we can come to US to fly back..

Thanks

If you are FTE, Mumbai is your best bet. 221g you can get even in CAN, at least if you get it in Mumbai - you will still be on vacation at home. Being a FTE is one of the best advantages of going to stamping in India, coz you know your chances are very good anywhere. Best of luck.

Hi Srikanth & Nitesh,

i am planing to visit Merida in Mexico for my H1b renual ,could u please share the logistics information.

Like how we need to approach and hotel expenses and if you can share on where you stayed during your visit and how much is the volume of H1B anticipators visit per day at this consulate.

Regards,

Prasad

Hello Nitesh and hotelrealdelrio,

All I would say is if you really have travel plans and really need your H1b visa stamped I guess expenses really doesnt matter. In case if you get a 221g in Merida ( for any reason you wouldn't get it there), all you have to do is fly to Mexico city and book a ticket to India through KLM airlines. There are many people like you who really are hesitant to go to Merida for visa stamping as it is far and more over non english speaking country and as well dont know the location. Look i too didnt have anyone there and I guess you wouldnt be having anyone whom you know in Tijuana. I am not saying that you dont go there. Its your call by end of the day. I am here to give best advise as per my experience.

When I went there I was the only one for H1b visa. I havent seen any desis, I booked a hotel at Hyatt Regency which is just 5 minutes walk to the Consulate.

The next day for the interview there were 3 desis and all of them got approved without many questions asked.

I flew from Houston to Mexico city and flew from Mexico City to Merida by AeroMexico.

Guys I am not a travel agent to tell you how much it costs. It all depends on you. for me getting H1b visa stamped is more important(without any hassles) than anything else( like logistics n blah blah).

I am on EVC model and have changed 2 employers before the current one. I dont think so you would be able to come back to US once you step out of the country. Its the same in Tijuana as well. You will easily get the Mexican visa in hours if you go to Mexican consulate located in your place. I am not sure about your 2nd question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Srikant, Its really great valid inputs from you. I have a project go-Live visit to Tijuana on June , If I go there O have to get stamping in Tijuana. I would need your advice and some idea on getting schedule Interview and get Bank receipts.

Could you please mail me on shivabvn@gmail.com or let mek now i can talk to you further. Thanks a lot for your help.

If any one of you have travelled recently , please shre your inputs and advice. Thanks a ton.!!

Archived