upgrade petition from LPR to US Citizenship

My mum filed petition (I-130) in 2007 as a green card holder when I was over 21 and unmarried at the time. The petition was approved in 2009. I didn't know I should stay as single until I get greencard, therefore I got married in 2008. My mum got citizenship in 2010. can we upgrade the case with NVC from greencard to citizenship even though I got married?

Infact i am now naturalised as a British citizen recently and at the time my mom filed my I-130 (and while it was approved)i was an Indian national. Does this makes any difference?

please consult a lawyer.

your approved I-130 was invalidated when you got married because your mother was still LPR and GC holder cannot petition their married children. your mother would need to apply a new I-130 under F3 category.

your current citizenship/nationality doesn't matter, it is based on country of birth.

Originally posted by harsh_uk:

My mum filed petition (I-130) in 2007 as a green card holder when I was over 21 and unmarried at the time. The petition was approved in 2009. I didn't know I should stay as single until I get greencard, therefore I got married in 2008. My mum got citizenship in 2010. can we upgrade the case with NVC from greencard to citizenship even though I got married?

Infact i am now naturalised as a British citizen recently and at the time my mom filed my I-130 (and while it was approved)i was an Indian national. Does this makes any difference?

Archived