Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Travelling to Mexico with Expired H1b visa stamp

Recommended Posts

Hi All,


My wife and I are planning to travel to Mexico for a 10 day vacation. Our H1 and H4 visas are expired (as per passport visa stamp) however, we have our H1/H4 extension approved till 2018. I have I-797 approval notice from USCIS as well.


My question is, can we travel to mexico with expired visa stamp..? Will we have any issues upon re-entering the US..? I read online about automatic revalidation (if we travel to Mexico or Canada for 30 days or less). Is this rule applicable for H visa holders...?


Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated!



Share this post

Link to post



Automatic visa re-validation is available to you as long as: (1) You have valid H1B and H4 USCIS approval notices (with I-94 cards attached); and (2) your trip is 30 days or less. You are NOT allowed to apply for a new U.S. visa during the trip.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this