H1-B Stamping Queries

F1struggle

Hi -

I recently started my H1-B status Oct 1 with a client company (direct employment). I was previously with the same company duing OPT as a contracting W-2 employee.

I would like to complete my H1-B stamping in Canada (Montreal or Ottawa) prior to flying to home country in early 2016.

I was hoping for early to mid december visa appointments ( I know I am late in my appointments)

- I am a direct employee and I have my petition documents. The employer said they will also send me a "employment verification" letter prior to my travel date.

I have not been told to take pay stubs or job description letters, are these documents helpful? Any other documents I should take to the interview?

-Does any one know until what week visa appointments are available in December in Canada before the consulate closes for the holidays? Similarly, when do the appointments open up again in January?

-What is the method of preparation for any questions? I am doing the same job that I was doing in OPT

1) DS-160 appointment confirmation page

2. passport

3. Original i-797a

4. Passport size photo

5. I-129

6. LCA

7. Offer letter

8. H1B supporting letter from your employer

9. Paystubs from last 6 months

10. Bank statements - last 3 to 6 months

11. Client letter

12. W2s

13. Degree certificate copy

14. Employer documents(his w2s etc)

and any other documents that supports your application

1) Documents and questions:

Refer the following link for documents and some sample questions. You may search by yourself for any additional sample questions.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/58047-successful-evc-stamping-in-chennai-and-complete-queestionarre-and-documents-required/

Some of our friends post their visa interview experiences which includes their interview questions and answers. You may follow this form to know the recent experiences.

3) Method of preparation:

Go through sample questions, our friend's experiences and all the documents (LCA, I-129, etc.) that are submitted for the recent H1B.

All the best!

Archived