H1-B Petition Denial in DS-160

nagaraju118

Hello All,

I am working in USA with my OPT. My employer filed H1-B petition in 2014 and it is denied. This year my current employer filed H1-B petition and it is approved. I am going to stamping this year and filling DS-160. I found below questions.

1. Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?
Answer: Yes? No?

H1B petition denial and visa denial are they both same? Please let me know what he needs to answer for this?

2. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

My I-140 is approved. Please let me know what he needs to answer for second question.

I appreciate your help.

1. Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

When your employer applied for your H-1 b you were on F1-status meaning you had valid visa. Since you never went for H1-B visa stamping and your F-1 was never rejected the answer is No.

Hello All,

I am working in USA with my OPT. My employer filed H1-B petition in 2014 and it is denied. This year my current employer filed H1-B petition and it is approved. I am going to stamping this year and filling DS-160. I found below questions.

H1B petition denial and visa denial are they both same? Please let me know what he needs to answer for this?

2. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

My I-140 is approved. Please let me know what he needs to answer for second question.

I appreciate your help.

The I-140 is an immigrant petition, so the answer to that question has to be Yes.

Archived