Double Masters and Visa stamping in canada

jassam

Here is my situation. I did my master's in computer science in 2012, my F1 VISA expired in Dec 2014 (got only 4 yrs of F1 VISA) my OPT expired in Mar-2015 . My H-1B did not get picked in 2014. So I applied for my second Master's in Information Technology in April-2015 in the same university (not a good university though). I am maintaining my f1 SEVIS active without going out of status at anytime. This year (2015) I applied for my H-1B and got approved. Now here comes the most difficult part - going for Visa stamping. My Question is, am I eligible for going to Canada and get my H1 stamping  done and what type of consequences I may face? I know I am in a bad phase. so can somebody please suggest me in a right path?

HI,

Exactly same situation, I maintained my F1 status for 4 years after my visa expired and worked on CPT. I got my first time H1B approved yesterday at Ottawa. Your good to go.  No issues. As far as you have JOB, END CLIENT LETTER is MUST and all genuine employer/petitioner documentation. you may reach me out incase any details. 

HI,

Exactly same situation, I maintained my F1 status for 4 years after my visa expired and worked on CPT. I got my first time H1B approved yesterday at Ottawa. Your good to go.  No issues. As far as you have JOB, END CLIENT LETTER is MUST and all genuine employer/petitioner documentation. you may reach me out incase any details. 

Hi Ketha,

Thanks for your reply, I am happy to see the people on same boat and getting out of it successfully. I am planning to go for stamping in november and that too in ottawa as it is one of the nearest location to me. Can you please suggest me how can I reach you out for further questions?

Hi Ketha,

Thanks for your reply, I am happy to see the people on same boat and getting out of it successfully. I am planning to go for stamping in november and that too in ottawa as it is one of the nearest location to me. Can you please suggest me how can I reach you out for further questions?

Here is my situation. I did my master's in computer science in 2012, my F1 VISA expired in Dec 2014 (got only 4 yrs of F1 VISA) my OPT expired in Mar-2015 . My H-1B did not get picked in 2014. So I applied for my second Master's in Information Technology in April-2015 in the same university (not a good university though). I am maintaining my f1 SEVIS active without going out of status at anytime. This year (2015) I applied for my H-1B and got approved. Now here comes the most difficult part - going for Visa stamping. My Question is, am I eligible for going to Canada and get my H1 stamping  done and what type of consequences I may face? I know I am in a bad phase. so can somebody please suggest me in a right path?

Im in same situation. Im also looking for some help here as I want to go for stamping in Ottawa. Let me know if you have  found anything. Also, let me know if I can reach out to you. 

• 3 years later...
On 10/2/2015 at 9:45 PM, ketha said:

HI,

Do we have to mention two masters details in Ds-160??