Vancouver- sep 14 221g yellow slip

kumar13

My interview is on Sep 14 Vancouver 7:15 AM .....

Me(H1) and my wife(H4) went together. while checking the passport they wrote "No PIMS" on the paper sticked on the passport. We went to counter-3. A middle aged Chinese guy was there

VO: Looking at the passport he said .."Ohh man it looks it there will be delay" .. (I thought its due to PIMPS)

VO: He scanned the passport 2 to 3 times and he is frustrated that he cant pull the information.

VO: He asked whats ur title 

Me: I told "Sr programmer Analyst"

VO: It is pulling as "Customer service representative"

Me: I have LCA to verify the job title and duties, VO told no need.

VO: Tell me ur job duties

Me:I told 5 to 6 sentences

VO: Do you have master in CS from XYZ univ?

Me: I said yes

VO: Have you done any thesis or research?

Me: I said no. I did General computer science 

VO: What subjects you have taken?

Me: Operating systems, DBMS....etc

VO: What is your role on your previous 2 jobs 

ME: I said same role "Sr programmer Analyst"

VO: When did u get married? (He started looking at my wife DS-160 )

ME: Its been 9 months

Then he verified marriage certificate 

VO: How do you guys know each other

ME: family friends

VO: Is it arranged?

ME: both arranged and love marriage 

VO: Then he said I might have to give you Admin processing and gave me yellow slip with 221 g

ME: I have asked how many days it will take

VO: He said it will take 2 weeks but usually approve with in a week. It will not delay if there is no problem with the petition. He also said "I have one guy ahead of you to check"... and he said sorry. He kept both passports and I 797 with him.

He didn't ask any document other than marriage certificate. I am checking status daily. Daily the status update date is changing daily. 

There are 2 more people got 221g from the same Chinese VO on the same day.... Guys any one in the same boat..contact me.. i have email on my profile.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 4:23 PM, 19Kumar79 said:

Hi guys, I had my interview on Sept 17th morning by the chinese VO. I was renewing my visa for 2nd time. He gave me yellow 221g slip. I was asked to email my resume & my college course description. However he didnt take my passport. Any update in the status for either of you?

Hi 19Kumar79,

I have exact situation as yours. My interview was on 12th Oct. 2016. This was my Third stamping and I was given yellow slip as well. He asked for my Resume and letter detailing my research. He also gave me my passport back.

Please let me know how much time did it take for you?

Please help!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived