Approved I-140/Company no longer existing

sam2014

Hello Friends,

Given below is the brief timeline of my immigration journey.

• March 2012 - Company A sponsored I-140 on behalf of me, which got approved in March 2012.
  • April 2012 - Company A filed H1B extension. My H1B got extended beyond 6 years for another 3 years.
  • March 2013 - I left job with Company A and returned to India due to personal reasons
  • June 2013 - I got an email stating my H1B petition got revoked. I verified the same on USCIS website. 
  • July 2014 - I enquired about the I-140 to ensure that is still active. I received an email from NVC (National Visa Center) with the immigration petition case#, priority date etc. I got relief that I-140 hasn't been revoked.
  • Feb 2015 - Company A is bought over by Company B. 

After I returned from US in 2012, I never traveled to US again. I am in India since then.

Present - I have been contemplating to return to US if a company is willing to sponsor H1B. 

Given my background, can you please advice me on the following?

1. Company C is willing to offer me a job in the US. Can company C sponsor a non-cap H1B petition? Let me remind you that my last H1B petition got revoked. Company C is willing to go ahead with my application only if I can travel within next 2 months. If I don't qualify for a non-cap petition, offer stands cancelled

2. Does having a I-140 approval ease things for me in any way? Please note that the company (Company A) that sponsored my I-140 doesn't exist on paper anymore. Also, other than the petition # and the communication from National Visa center, I don't have the I-140 receipt notice nor approval with me. I tried FOIA request sometime back, but no luck yet.

Can any of the experts in this forum answer my questions please?

Thanks,

Saman

Hello Friends,

Given below is the brief timeline of my immigration journey.

• March 2012 - Company A sponsored I-140 on behalf of me, which got approved in March 2012.
  • April 2012 - Company A filed H1B extension. My H1B got extended beyond 6 years for another 3 years.
  • March 2013 - I left job with Company A and returned to India due to personal reasons
  • June 2013 - I got an email stating my H1B petition got revoked. I verified the same on USCIS website. 
  • July 2014 - I enquired about the I-140 to ensure that is still active. I received an email from NVC (National Visa Center) with the immigration petition case#, priority date etc. I got relief that I-140 hasn't been revoked.
  • Feb 2015 - Company A is bought over by Company B. 

After I returned from US in 2012, I never traveled to US again. I am in India since then.

Present - I have been contemplating to return to US if a company is willing to sponsor H1B. 

Given my background, can you please advice me on the following?

1. Company C is willing to offer me a job in the US. Can company C sponsor a non-cap H1B petition? Let me remind you that my last H1B petition got revoked. Company C is willing to go ahead with my application only if I can travel within next 2 months. If I don't qualify for a non-cap petition, offer stands cancelled

2. Does having a I-140 approval ease things for me in any way? Please note that the company (Company A) that sponsored my I-140 doesn't exist on paper anymore. Also, other than the petition # and the communication from National Visa center, I don't have the I-140 receipt notice nor approval with me. I tried FOIA request sometime back, but no luck yet.

Can any of the experts in this forum answer my questions please?

Thanks,

Saman

Friends, can anyone respond to my query please!

Archived