H1B Transfer/Amendment - Risk and Issues for parallel processing

Phoneix86

I am in the U.S for the past 1.5 years on H1B visa with a small company. I have an offer now from a very large IT company, they are ready to do premium processing for my H1B transfer but they want me to give notice to my current company once I get the receipt number. Their HR team has assured me that they have the SOW and also the client letter. (The client is a very reputed one)

My current company filed a LCA when they put me in a new project in January and I was informed last week that they would filing a H1B amendment around August 14th to comply with the new H1B rules that a LCA alone would not be sufficient.

My concerns - how much of a risk it is to join only with the receipt number. In case the visa transfer and amendment process run parallel, what are the issues. Current company would file the amendment by normal processing. In the case I get the receipt number before my current company files the amendment, and give notice to my current employer and he decides not to file the amendment, would that create any issues for me in the future?

I am confused as to what to do, the new company says they can't wait until visa transfer and that might not work out when I insisted to join after visa transfer.

Your suggestions/advise would be much appreciated.

Archived