H1B Visa renewal in Matamoros, Mexico

aghu

Hi,

I am going to Matamoros for my H1B visa renewal. My appointments are scheduled for July 13th and July 14th. Is any one else going there at the same time?

Also, has anyone used any of the firms/guides in Mexico who pick you up from Brownsville, arrange stay in Matamoros, drive you to the visa/fingerprinting/passport pick-up appointment? I would highly appreciate if you can recommend someone. If you have not used any of these services and managed on you own, then kindly share your experience.

My current visa has expired and I am planning on getting my mexican tourist visa on July 10th but would skip that if not needed. So, would appreciate if someone can comment on that as well.

Regards.

Please give me your email ID or phone number

Hi,

I am going to Matamoros for my H1B visa renewal. My appointments are scheduled for July 13th and July 14th. Is any one else going there at the same time?

Also, has anyone used any of the firms/guides in Mexico who pick you up from Brownsville, arrange stay in Matamoros, drive you to the visa/fingerprinting/passport pick-up appointment? I would highly appreciate if you can recommend someone. If you have not used any of these services and managed on you own, then kindly share your experience.

My current visa has expired and I am planning on getting my mexican tourist visa on July 10th but would skip that if not needed. So, would appreciate if someone can comment on that as well.

Regards.

@aghu . I am in a similar situation. I think we need Mexican visitor visa as our H1B has expired. where are you located in US and where are you planning to get your Mexican visitor visa ?

This is from Mexican Consulate in SFO.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/index.php/visas-traveling-to-mexico.  

1. If the US visa stamped in your passport already expired but you have an official document or form proving your legal status in USA, you should apply for a Mexican visa at this Consulate (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be good enough for entering to Mexico). No appointment is required to apply for Visa. Applicants should apply in person Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Further questions email:jmedrano@sre.gob.mx Diplomatic and Official visas. Contact the Visas Department at the Mexican Consulate.

K

Guys,

I'm also planning for visa stamping in August at Matamoros post. Please let me know what dates are you planning to go. I'm located in East coast, will have to fly over to Brownsville. If you can, please share the next available appointments in August. email:  c4craigs at gmail dot com

@aghu . I am in a similar situation. I think we need Mexican visitor visa as our H1B has expired. where are you located in US and where are you planning to get your Mexican visitor visa ?

This is from Mexican Consulate in SFO.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/index.php/visas-traveling-to-mexico.  

1. If the US visa stamped in your passport already expired but you have an official document or form proving your legal status in USA, you should apply for a Mexican visa at this Consulate (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be good enough for entering to Mexico). No appointment is required to apply for Visa. Applicants should apply in person Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Further questions email:jmedrano@sre.gob.mx Diplomatic and Official visas. Contact the Visas Department at the Mexican Consulate.

K

I am in Houston, getting my mexican visa this friday. I spoke to Mike (USVisaMex) and he mentioned that you don't need the mexican visa unless your US visa is rejected and have to go back to the home country. (he is not a legal authority and taking his advise is at own risk).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've scheduled my appointment at Matamoros on August 24 and 25th. I'll be flying to Brownsville, TX and then by road to Matamoros. Please share if anyone have interview scheduled around the same dates, so that we can coordinate travel and stay in Matamoros.

You can contact me via email (listed in my profile): c4craigs at gmail dot com

Archived