All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
eb1cgreencard

EB1C eligibility

I am working for a company A in India as a manager for the last 4 years. The business unit X that I work in company A is sold to a company B in US. Can company B apply for my green card in EB1C category?

More background:

I worked for the business unit X in USA when it was an independent company.

I moved to India and worked for the same business unit through a consulting company.

Business unit X was bought by company A and I joined A as a manager 4 years ago.

Now company A sold business unit X to company B in US (3 months ago).

Company B does not have office in India and I remained with company A.

I am working for business unit X for the last 9 years through different companies. (3.5 years directly for them in US, 1.5 years as a consultant from India, 4 years as part of the company A).

Can company B apply for my green card in EB1C?

I am working for a company A in India as a manager for the last 4 years. The business unit X that I work in company A is sold to a company B in US. Can company B apply for my green card in EB1C category?

More background:

I worked for the business unit X in USA when it was an independent company.

I moved to India and worked for the same business unit through a consulting company.

Business unit X was bought by company A and I joined A as a manager 4 years ago.

Now company A sold business unit X to company B in US (3 months ago).

Company B does not have office in India and I remained with company A.

I am working for business unit X for the last 9 years through different companies. (3.5 years directly for them in US, 1.5 years as a consultant from India, 4 years as part of the company A).

Can company B apply for my green card in EB1C?

Guys, please help me out.

eb1cgreencard:

This is an extraordinarily complex situation - you need to consult with an attorney to discuss this matter in detail. I would advise against trying to get advice on something this complex in an online forum.

You can contact MLF at (410) 356-5440 to schedule a consultation about this type of question - if you do so, please make sure that you complete the pre-consultation questionnaire completely to avoid unnecessary wasted time with the attorney explaining the facts again.

Thank you.

Out of curiosity:

How can you be in Company A, Unit X if Unit X was sold to company B? 

Or is it the case that Unit X is physically situated in company A but basically run by company B? If that is the case is company B the sole benificiary owner of Unit X?

My situation is something similar to this

1. I worked for Skype in US

2. Moved to Skype India

3. Microsoft buys Skype

4. I became Microsoft employee and managing skype team

5. Facebook buys skype from Microsoft

Now, can facebook apply for my Green card under EB1c?