Anyone travelled as tourist/pleasure when company filed B1/B2?

Visatousa

Hi All,

Did anyone travelled as tourist/pleasure when company filed B1/B2 Visa? (personal exp)

Since company filed B1/B2, Immigration Officer will have the track of VISA initial purpose as Business?

I already been to USA on different VISA, If I am saying purpose as sight seeing and meeting friends. would that justify?

Please help!

Yup, I have. For the first visit the immigration officer asked me the purpose of visit and I told about the official purpose and gave me a B1 stamp. Surprisingly for the second visit which was the personal visit, the immigration officer did not even ask me any questions and simply gave me a B2 stamp as if he knew I was going to enter for personal purpose :o The time gap between the two visits was 6 months.

• 1 month later...

Hi all..

I have a B1/ B2 visa with multiple entry for 10 years (valid until 2021). I got this visa during my previous employment when I was supposed to travel to the States for a project but that didn't happen and the project was cancelled. However, now if I wish to travel there for tourism, will I be allowed to ?

Another thing is that my visa contains an annotation saying "B1 in lieu of H".

Please advise

Hi Can I travel as a tourist on a B1/ B2 visa which has an annotation stating "B1 in lieu of H"?

This is because I got the visa initially when I was supposed to travel to the States for a project.

Please advise.

Thanks

Nithya

Hi all..

I have a B1/ B2 visa with multiple entry for 10 years (valid until 2021). I got this visa during my previous employment when I was supposed to travel to the States for a project but that didn't happen and the project was cancelled. However, now if I wish to travel there for tourism, will I be allowed to ?

Another thing is that my visa contains an annotation saying "B1 in lieu of H".

Please advise

Yes, you can travel as a tourist.

Archived