Update to "dropbox" visa interview waiver program

jkag

I am in the US. My current visa ( from previous employer) in the passport has expired and I am trying to schedule an iterview for my visa stamping with the I797 from my current employer using https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Normally, Because my employer has changed, I donot qualify for the dropbox visa interview waiver program.But the website, which we use to schedule the interview says I qualify for the interview waiver. This is really suprising. Here is the list of questions I answered while filling up the form to schedule an interview.

1. Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?YES

2. Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?

NO.

3. Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?NO

4.Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?

YES

5. Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?

YES

After answering the above five question. I got this confirmation.

Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Is there any update made the "dropbox" visa interview waiver program recently? Are we eligible for interview waiver even with the current petitioner is different from the previous petitioner?

@jairichi, @livliv.....thanks for the input. But I think jairichi is correct. Here is the proof.

I went through the eligibility for interview waiver program in usttraveldocs website which is the official source for visa related information.

My situation satifies all the listed criteria for a interview waiver.

· I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which i wish to apply

· My most recent visa was issued in India

· I received my visa after January 1, 2008

· My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday

· I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance

· If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

As jairichi mentioned "Change in employer does not limit you from availing dropbox anymore"

• 1 month later...

Hi jkag, To re-confirm the rules of dropbox/IWP as of now, July 28, 2015 (as the rules keep changing), the above holds good and did the dropbox alone went through fine, without a visa interview (as we are eligible for Dropbox, as per the latest rule)? Please confirm the same how it went through for you. I am in the same situation now. As per the latest info. presented in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which i wish to apply
  • My most recent visa was issued in India
  • I received my visa after January 1, 2008
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
  • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months
  •  
  • There is no mention about employer/petitioner. So, if we satisfy for all of the above, we are eligible for IWP and we just need to present the documents in dropbox location, right? 
  •  
  • Anyone who knows the latest info., help reply.
  • 5 months later...

Hi jkag, To re-confirm the rules of dropbox/IWP as of now, July 28, 2015 (as the rules keep changing), the above holds good and did the dropbox alone went through fine, without a visa interview (as we are eligible for Dropbox, as per the latest rule)? Please confirm the same how it went through for you. I am in the same situation now. As per the latest info. presented in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which i wish to apply
  • My most recent visa was issued in India
  • I received my visa after January 1, 2008
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
  • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months
  •  
  • There is no mention about employer/petitioner. So, if we satisfy for all of the above, we are eligible for IWP and we just need to present the documents in dropbox location, right? 
  •  
  • Anyone who knows the latest info., help reply.

Hey Swamisat.

I am also in same boat. Can you please share the experience with drop box? Please let me know which consulate you went

Archived