Will not writing "attn" line in address delay my EAD application?

newazuser

Hi,

I am on H1B visa with approved I-140. We filed EAD application (I-765) for my wife who is on H4. While mailing the application we forgot to add the attention line "Attn:H4" in the address. Since USCIS has started accepting applications from today 05/26/2015 and there is no cap, so I guess that the sequence in which USCIS would start working on the applications is by the date on which USCIS received it. So we wanted to know if anyone has any idea that not having the attn line would delay the processing in any way.

Hi,

There is no need to panic if you have not written "Attn: H4" in your mailed package. Couple days ago I have read on USCIS website that even if you send application at wrong address then they will make sure to send it to correct address/person at UCSIC. See below exact wordings from USCIS "Tips for filling forms with USCIS". You can search by yourself using search engine.

I mailed my application to the wrong location.  Will you forward it?

We will forward most applications to the correct location.   If we are unable to forward your application, we will return it to you to re-file

Here is what happened in my case for H4-EAD application which I applied for my wife. Last week Friday when I sent my package to USCIS I wrote 85036 Zip code which is in Arizona but when my package was delivered at 85034(Arizona again) zip code. I think USCIS and USPS office has understanding to collect all H4-EAD application at one spot even though we sent to separate address. I have applied for EAD in past and most of the processing is smooth at USCIS end.

Thanks

Ineedallgreen

Hi,

I am on H1B visa with approved I-140. We filed EAD application (I-765) for my wife who is on H4. While mailing the application we forgot to add the attention line "Attn:H4" in the address. Since USCIS has started accepting applications from today 05/26/2015 and there is no cap, so I guess that the sequence in which USCIS would start working on the applications is by the date on which USCIS received it. So we wanted to know if anyone has any idea that not having the attn line would delay the processing in any way.

Archived