Applying for H4 EAD with previous expired EAD on L2

bujji81

Hello,

I was previously on L2 and received an EAD which is now expired. I later switched to H4 and my husband now has an approved I-140. 

I wish to apply for the H4 EAD and have a few questions about filling up the new I-765 form (released on 5/22/2015).

I would really appreciate any inputs that can help me fill up the form correctly. My questions are related to questions 10, 11, 14 and 15 on the form.

Question 10. "Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or Form I-94 Number (if any)"

My previously expired EAD has an A# on it and I have an I-94 number for my last entry to US on H4. Which of the following should I enter in this box:

1. Only A#

2. Only I-94 number

3. Both as "I94# A#" example "55745000000 A#201201201" ?. Note: The field only accepts 11 characters, so I need to enter this with a pen if both are needed.

Question 11. Have you ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS?

My answer will be yes.

a) What documentation should I submit. I am assuming number 1 below is sufficient. Please let me know if I should include any of 2,3 or 4 below.

1. Copy of Approved EAD

2. Copy of Previous I-765 application: Yes/No

3. Copy of Receipt Notice: Yes/No

4. Copy of Approval Notice: Yes/No

b) Start and end date of previous EAD: Can this be entered with a pen? The field is accepting only one date in the PDF form.

Question 14 and 15:

14. Status at last entry (B-2 Visitor, F-1 Student, No Lawful Status, etc.)

15. Current Immigration Status (Visitor, Student, etc)

Is "H4" the correct status or should I write either "H4 Nonimmigrant" or "Spouse of H1B Nonimmigrant" or any other.

Thank You.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I applied L2 EAD in 2005 and granted. Now i am on H4 and eligible for EAD with new rule. Unfortunately i do not have copy for my previous EAD. Is there any way i can get my previous EAD copy to submit to H4 EAD now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Prathap P

Archived