Regarding H1 Visa stamping

lost_immigrant

Hello all,

can you please let me know how can we get a successful stamping without any queries.I know that this questions has been asked many times and discussed many times earlier..but this thing has got into my head and its so frustrating ..I have worked so hard to come to this stage what I'm today and after suffering every single blow now the situation has turned out to be in such a stage where ppl are saying that if you go to india they u need to leave all ur hopes..im an IT contractor working under EVC category from the past 1.5 yrs and it has been like 5 yrs i have been to india..now after everything is over I feel like im stuck here neither i wanna go to india and get stuck over there nor be here and lead this aimless life..dont know how long can I go like this...Did any one go to canada/mexico/bahamas for the first time h1 stamping and got it successfully? what are steps that we need to take to avoid a query? please post ur views and suggestions on this thing..every single word will be appreciated..what if i get a query there and in the mean while lose job over here..my manager is not at all co operative ..he will fire me from the job after the very first second he comes to know that if i have a query..one more question..how long are they going to take to respond to queries..and what is the success rate..any idea of when is it gonna get better guys ? :-( please respond

@lost_immigrant

Simple. Get a full-time job with a real company. Bodyshopping is history for H1B.

any idea of when is it gonna get better guys?

-- Once they have chased all these fraudulent desi's and their consulting companies out of the US it will get better.

I had been in the US for 11 yrs and have a MS from a top 20 University. My visa was refused under 221g 6 months back for working in the EVC model inspite of having crystal clear paperwork. My whole life has overturned in a matter of months, but I still don't feel like blaming the US government or its policies.

Infact, this strict enforcement policy is what made the US the way it is and we all went there for a better life and opportunities. Otherwise it would have been another third world country where you can cheat all you want and get away by paying a bribe or referring to a local politician's name.

These days, getting VISA from a US consulate in INDIA with a model of EVC is very tough. There are few cases who did get VISA under this model. But the success rate under EVC model is very less.

If a query is raised, then the time taken to resolve that cannot be judged. It varies from 2 weeks to more than 6 months. I'm not trying to discourage you. But this is the current situation.

If you can hold on your travel for a while till things settle down (hopefully) then it might be good for you.

The other option would be to transfer your H1 to the end client if possible.

Regarding stamping in Canada, i thing if you have done your MS in US then i thing you can give a try but my knowledge about stamping in Canada/Mexico is limited.

These are just my thoughts.

Thanks for the feedback guys...

@simran31 when is ur husband going for the stamping..did he book a date yet? please keep me updated regarding this thing...and is he a fulltime employee or a contractor??

guys-

Even people from my company who are full time employees got queries and they are stuck there with the so called "administrative processing"

god bless us

Archived