Visa Stamped with incorrect petitioner name

Visa_Correction

Hi,

My Company went through a rebranding effort with a name change from say ABC Inc. to XYZ Inc. around June 2014. Later my extension was initiated in Nov 2014 with new name of the petitioner and approved in Jan 2015 with my approved I-797A showing the Petitioner correctly as the new name of the company. My Prior visa stamp existed with the old Petitioner name.

Me and my spouse had Visa Stamping appointment completed with US Consulate in Chennai on April 21 and received the stamped passport on April 22. Immediately I noticed that the Petitioner name is reflected as "ABC Inc." instead of "XYZ Inc.". I pointed this out to VAC folks and they asked me to resubmit Passport and copy of petition on next day i.e. April 23.

April 23 - Status showed "Delivered to Post"

April 24 till date - Your passport is still with the US Embassy/consulate.

The CEAC site shows a status of "Ready" with a status updated date of 28-Apr-2015.

Still I do not have any clue on when will I get my passport in hand. The US Visa service desk just responded with a standard message though its not even in Administrative processing status.

Did anyone have a similar experience and any opinion on how to proceed forward with the current situation? Is there a way to contact the Chennai consulate directly, all attempts lead to Interactive Voice Response only. I also had my return tickets booked for this weekend and in a deep dilemma now. Please advise.

Thanks for the response Jairichi. I hope I get it before end of this week.

The status of "Ready" on the CEAC page seems to be deceptive. It shows some standard text. I believe that the status needs to change to "Issued" for me to really expect the passport in hand soon. I had noted from other forum messages that the status could move back and forth between "Ready" and "Administrative Processing" and unless it changes to "Issued", the situation has a potential to drag on longer. Knock on wood, so far in my case, it has not yet landed into "Administrative Processing" status and hence I am hopeful but I am just unable to contact the Consulate directly as all numbers provided lead to Interactive Voice Response messages and never really get to speak with an actual person. Attempts to reach the VAC folks always results in "please wait for 2 more business days" everytime.

Status Updated Date: 28-Apr-2015

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

April 30 2015 - I called up the ustraveldocs personnel and after they verified my details, then the CEAC site then got updated to a status of "Administrative Processing" with the last updated date of 30-Apr-2015. I haven't received any email requesting me for any additional documentation and so far I don't think its 221g case but just a case of Visa correction for a clerical mistake from the consulate side and now I am without my passport in hand as well though my original visa appointment was completed last Tuesday and Visa received in hand last Wednesday with old petitioner name.

The status did not change since then and I haven't been able to collect my passport back yet with just one more working day left before my intended travel back date.

Just checking on a possibility, if I request for withdrawl of Passport with the visa having the old petitioner name and I have the relevant documentation showing the company name change, can I proceed with it to travel back to USA and will there be an issue with the CBP Officers at the port of Entry? Will there be other consequences in the future for the next 3 years?

April 30 2015 - I called up the ustraveldocs personnel and after they verified my details, then the CEAC site then got updated to a status of "Administrative Processing" with the last updated date of 30-Apr-2015. I haven't received any email requesting me for any additional documentation and so far I don't think its 221g case but just a case of Visa correction for a clerical mistake from the consulate side and now I am without my passport in hand as well though my original visa appointment was completed last Tuesday and Visa received in hand last Wednesday with old petitioner name.

The status did not change since then and I haven't been able to collect my passport back yet with just one more working day left before my intended travel back date.

Just checking on a possibility, if I request for withdrawl of Passport with the visa having the old petitioner name and I have the relevant documentation showing the company name change, can I proceed with it to travel back to USA and will there be an issue with the CBP Officers at the port of Entry? Will there be other consequences in the future for the next 3 years?

Even when the visa is approved it will briefly display as "administrative processing" in website. Cannot predict what will happen at POE if you go ahead with your plan.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived