All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
arnkrishn

Applicant's name in EAD application(I-765)

Hello

I have an I-140 approved and am planning to file EAD for my wife who is on H4. My wife recently got her name changed(maiden to married name) on her passport. However, her I-94 and H4 visa still have her maiden name. 

Which name should we use in I-765? Please suggest.

Regards

Arnkrishn

Whatever name is on her current valid passport. When her name change was done did you contact USCIS and/or CBP to make   sure it reflects similarly in their system?

Thanks Jairichi. No, we haven't updated USCIS/ CBP about the name change. What is the right process to do that? Really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks Jairichi. No, we haven't updated USCIS/ CBP about the name change. What is the right process to do that? Really appreciate the feedback.

Get in touch with local CBP office and call USCIS to know how to update records.

Sure, we called up USCIS and they said the name on the passport should be fine for EAD application. The application would itself be a way to communicate the change to them.

Sure, we called up USCIS and they said the name on the passport should be fine for EAD application. The application would itself be a way to communicate the change to them.

Good to know you have clarified with USCIS and things are set for EAD application. Thanks for the update.