Medical Leave On H1B

pandu_123

Hi Guys 

I am on H1B(valid until 2017)  and I have been suffering from sleep apnea from past 2 years and now it became worse. I consulted a doctor and he suggested me to  have surgery.

I don't have a job right now. Can I take leave and go to INDIA and have the treatment done and come back. I am running short  of money so it's really mandatory for me to go to India and get the treatment done.  

So My question is can I go to INDIA on medical leave without running my payroll.

Hi Guys 

I am on H1B(valid until 2017)  and I have been suffering from sleep apnea from past 2 years and now it became worse. I consulted a doctor and he suggested me to  have surgery.

I don't have a job right now. Can I take leave and go to INDIA and have the treatment done and come back. I am running short  of money so it's really mandatory for me to go to India and get the treatment done.  

So My question is can I go to INDIA on medical leave without running my payroll.

Outside the US is fine, but within the US your payroll should run.

If possible file a complaint before your leave, if not you might be in trouble.

@rahul412 

Thanks for the reply. I have all my payrolls till now .  I should have been more clear and precise.

I meant like can I go to INDIA for stamping and get my health issue resolved and come back.

I want to try my luck and apply for stamping if everything goes well then how long can I stay in INDIA.

@rahul412 

Thanks for the reply. I have all my payrolls till now .  I should have been more clear and precise.

I meant like can I go to INDIA for stamping and get my health issue resolved and come back.

I want to try my luck and apply for stamping if everything goes well then how long can I stay in INDIA.

Yes, you can.

Archived