Case Is In Line For An Interview -- since Sept 3, 2014

makgwatna

I live in Rockville, MD. I sent my N-400 application to USCIS at the end of July -- received at USCIS on Aug 4 (confirmed by text, email and USCIS letter). I was scheduled for biometrics on Aug 29 and on September 3, 2014, my case status was changed to "On September 3, 2014, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization." My Case Status has not changed since September 3.

The Case Status also says "If you do not receive your interview notice by December 2, 2014, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice." I went to this link on Dec 3 and requested a copy of the notice on Dec 3. When I submitted this request, I was sent an email saying "USCIS will review and process the request. Expect a reply by December 25, 2014" -- no response so far. As of today my inquiry status still says "As of December 3, 2014, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number __, is currently not assigned for processing."

I believe my Field Office is Baltimore, MD (please correct me if I am wrong about this). From the USCIS Processing Time Information page I found that on Oct 31, 2014 the Baltimore Field Office had only processed N-400s till March 7, 2014.

Should I worry? I am not sure if my case is normal. Should I take any action or wait? If I should take action, what action can I take? I would appreciate a response. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived