Impact on H4 dependent if H1 travel out of US for vacation

agundra

Hi

This is general question on dependents which came accross while I was discussing with my friends. Pls help me understand.

I am on H1B and my wife/kids are on H4 who are dependents on me.

Can I go alone on vacation for a month to India leaving my wife/kids here in US ?

Is it legal way of doing ? or they must also leave US/follow along with me since they have no income source here ?

regards

thank you for response. Is it safe to attend visa interview ? 

I mean my wife/kids/self having I-94 until 2018 but visa expires for all of us in Feb 2015.

If I alone go on vacation in march 2015 I need to get this stamped while returning back. will it be problem since visa officer might notice I left my dependents in US ?

regards

I mean my wife/kids/self having I-94 until 2018 but visa expires for all of us in Feb 2015.

If I alone go on vacation in march 2015 I need to get this stamped while returning back. will it be problem since visa officer might notice I left my dependents in US ?

regards

regards

No issue.

regards

Are you going for vacation or for visa interview?? You need to convince vo that you are really traveling for vacation.

Archived