L2 Visa Extension with L1B I94

amitdewan1

Thanks! for the inputs.

Some more follow-up questions:

2. Please suggest if this application can be filed on her own or does if it can only happen through my employer.

3. How long does it take to process this request once it is submitted with USCIS?

4. Her employer is in the process of applying for her H1B cap Exempt but it may be applied after December 20th, 2014. So is there a grace period, in case the H1B application is filed after the above date, while I-94 extension request is not yet submitted.

Thanks! for the inputs.

Some more follow-up questions:

2. Please suggest if this application can be filed on her own or does if it can only happen through my employer.

3. How long does it take to process this request once it is submitted with USCIS?

4. Her employer is in the process of applying for her H1B cap Exempt but it may be applied after December 20th, 2014. So is there a grace period, in case the H1B application is filed after the above date, while I-94 extension request is not yet submitted.

2. You can do it by yourself.

3. 3 to 4 months.

4. There is no grace period. If a cap exempt H1B was filed before her I94 expiry then she is fine but she needs to stop working for L2 employer.

Thanks for the info.

She is not working right now so please suggest:

5. If we apply for I-94 extension on L2 visa and her employer files for H1B application later what happens to the I-94 extension application?

5a. Can these two requests be filed with USCIS at the same time?

5b. If yes, how can I-94 extension be withdrawn later?

Archived