How long i can stay in USA after my I20 is terminated

Ronak8623

Hi all

this is my situation and  genuine opinion and feedback will much appreciated .

so i have been on F1b visa with CPT approval, My employer filed my H1b petition in April 2014 .

I got H1b Visa approval on 9th October 2014 but i got denial of status change. I have been told by lawyer because of denial of status change, I am on F1b student visa as long as i am in USA and to get on H1b visa i have to fly back to home country and get H1b stamped.

until today when my university counselor called me and mentioned that my I20 is terminated by USCIS and i am no longer on F1b visa and i have to leave country as soon as possible.

So does anyone have any idea how long i am allow stay in the country after I20  termination.

also if i am already out of status then when i go for stamping in India , is this valid reason to justify my over stay in USA?

what are  the questions i will be asked in US immigration office once i go for stamping. 

what could be a penalty for doing more than a month overstayed in USA?

Thank you

also if i am already out of status then when i go for stamping in India , is this valid reason to justify my over stay in USA?

what are  the questions i will be asked in US immigration office once i go for stamping. 

what could be a penalty for doing more than a month overstayed in USA?

You need to tell the truth. That's the only valid reason.

It's clear that you have abused F1, so be prepared to defend yourself during the interview.

So, you abused CPT. Because of that, USCIS terminated your F1.

You are now accumulating time towards the 3/10 year ban.

You pretty much killed your career in the US with the CPT abuse. It is unlikely that a consulate would issue an H1 visa for you, due to your abuse of CPT.

And obviously, you immediately have to stop working. Any day more in the US, and any day you continue to work would make it more unlikely to ever get a visa for the US again.

Archived