Interview on 5th Nov @ Ottawa, Canada

anynemous

Hi all

I also had my interview on nov 5th. VO said I'll hear back 2-3 days & visa approved. However, when I check the link provided by the VO, Under applicant summary I don't see anything other than "You currently have no appointment scheduled" in RED. Is there any other website/ link we need to check?

I don't see any "AP" on the website. Where does one see that. I just want to double check if I am checking the ight link. Please advice.

Hi ,

Use the below link to check the visa status.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

The one you are checking is for passport delivery.

Thanks a lot for reply. Do you know if we can go and ask to Consulate or Loomise office personally for this?

Yes, I think you can stop at Loomise Office as it's taking more time and what you been told is VISA Approved, not 221G...So i don't think there is anything wrong checking at Loomise...

Hi All,

I received my stamped passport today. I want to that Murthy forum for providing all information related to H1B.

Here are my details with some observations:

Interview on : 5th Nov.

Status changed to "AP" on 5th Nov.

Status changed to "Issued" on 7th Nov and shipped.

Picked on Nov 10th.

Interview process:

Step 1: Lady will check all documents (Passport, DS 160, I-797) and said go to counter 7.

Step 2: In counter 7, that lady gave me token # and took above mentioned document to wait.

Step 3: In counter 5, they called my token number after 10 mins. He gave my  documents  in yellow folder (I observed on DS-160 form and it had seal on it with visa validity details along with PIMS yes/no and other details. for my application they mentioned PIMS as "YES").

Step 4:  called for  interview from  counter # 2 (on that there was only one VO  was taking interview) and he asked normal q's like,

- Where  do you work?

- Who is end client?

- what you do for them? (VO was typing something and when i started answering to this Q, he stopped typing and he listed to my answer, after completing my answer he started typing again).

- How long you are with this company.

- when did you started working on H1 (earlier I was on L1A).

- Do you have employer and client letter? - Said, I have only employer letter .

- Why don't you have client letter- Said, due to client privacy, they won't provide those kind of letters.

VO- Gotcha.

- He saw, employer letter.

He did not mention the golden words but he said, you should get your passport within 2-3 days and returned my I-797 (Note: I took a copy of I-797). He gave a white slip to check the status online.

I said, thank you.

Thanks all.

Yes, I think you can stop at Loomise Office as it's taking more time and what you been told is VISA Approved, not 221G...So i don't think there is anything wrong checking at Loomise...

Thanks a ton Bommer for your responce.

I just came back from Loomise office and they check in their system and told me that your passport has not been released  yet. It has been 11 days and 6 Working days and still Status in CEAC is Admin Process. Please suggest 

I just came back from Loomise office and they check in their system and told me that your passport has not been released  yet. It has been 11 days and 6 Working days and still Status in CEAC is Admin Process. Please suggest 

I'd say wait for couple of days, if you didn't hear anything back by 13th, you can stop by at Consulate and check with them, One of my friend did same thing at Vancouver when he didn't get PP after 10 working days.

Please share about your background and how was interview, so could guess what was delay about

Please share about your background and how was interview, so could guess what was delay about

Hi Bommer,

Thanks for your reply. Here is my detail Background.

Working in same IT company from past 7.5  Year including 6 Month OPT. Currently working at end client.

First H1b Stamping at Ottawa in 2008

Didn't went for Second H1b  Stamping 

Received 3rd H1b approval  on 20 Sep 2014.

Took Appointment for Stamping  at Ottawa for Me(H1) and My wife(H4) Same Slot.

On 31st Oct 2014 I had Visa interview at 7:30.

After finger print when they called our number went to window, 

VO : Which School you attend

Me : XXX University in Year XX-XXXX

VO: What company you are working for?

Me : XXX Company.

VO : Are you working for end client?

ME : Yes

VO : Give me Employer Letter and Client Latter

Me : I gave both 

VO : May I see your few Pay Stub?

Me: Gave him 3 Month Pay Stub. He calculated something and hand be back everything.

He didn't any question to my wife at all except name and finger print.

Finally he told I am approving your VISA and you should get your passport back by Wed i.e. 5th Nov 2014.

I notice that there were a "NO PIMS" stamp on our DS-160. VO didn't mention anything regarding that.

On CEAC website I check the status which is in "Admin Process" since 04 Nov 2014.

Hi Bommer,

Working in same IT company from past 7.5  Year including 6 Month OPT. Currently working at end client.

Me: Gave him 3 Month Pay Stub. He calculated something and hand be back everything.

Finally he told I am approving your VISA and you should get your passport back by Wed i.e. 5th Nov 2014.

I notice that there were a "NO PIMS" stamp on our DS-160. VO didn't mention anything regarding that.

On CEAC website I check the status which is in "Admin Process" since 04 Nov 2014.

Looks like it was clear interview, you can stop by to consulate and they could help you for sure, one of my friend also having same issue at Vancouver and he went to consulate,  ppl there helped him out to get PP back quickly, so please stop by at consulate and explain like visa approved by VO and said i will get it by Wednesday,  and still waiting wait 

Hi Bommer,

Did u get ur PP?? if yes then when??

I still Didnt get my passport yet. After visiting several time to looms office I decided to go to Embassy and Today I went to Embassy. They check in their system and told me that my application is under PIMS and they do not have any control on them. Once they will send PIMS check to Embassy they will issue VISA. Don't know when. Stuck. 

My Advice to everyone is have your lawyer send separate copy for KCC to update PIMS to avoid such a longer wait.

I still Didnt get my passport yet. After visiting several time to looms office I decided to go to Embassy and Today I went to Embassy. They check in their system and told me that my application is under PIMS and they do not have any control on them. Once they will send PIMS check to Embassy they will issue VISA. Don't know when. Stuck. 

My Advice to everyone is have your lawyer send separate copy for KCC to update PIMS to avoid such a longer wait.

@JanPCC. I had my interview on 13th in Ottawa and got a 221g white slip. Looks like we are in the same boat. Let me know if you would like to catch up. my email is in my profile. 

@JanPCC. I had my interview on 13th in Ottawa and got a 221g white slip. Looks like we are in the same boat. Let me know if you would like to catch up. my email is in my profile. 

@redwing. I went to Embassy and specifically ask that is it under 221G?  VO told me that your petition is approve and it's in PIMS verification. He also mention that last week they had some issue with PIMS system. The moment they will get my PIMS back they will issue the VISA.  

@redwing. I went to Embassy and specifically ask that is it under 221G?  VO told me that your petition is approve and it's in PIMS verification. He also mention that last week they had some issue with PIMS system. The moment they will get my PIMS back they will issue the VISA.  

you went to embassy in person? how did you get in and talk with VO?

you went to embassy in person? how did you get in and talk with VO?

Till Today I didnt recived anything. Still waiting for PIMS update. I am not sure why it is taking so long. 

Also I went to Embassy at 11:30. No one ask me anything outside so just went inside and directly went to VO window and ask the question. But didnt help me much. He told me same thing that case is pending for PIMS.

Till Today I didnt recived anything. Still waiting for PIMS update. I am not sure why it is taking so long. 

Also I went to Embassy at 11:30. No one ask me anything outside so just went inside and directly went to VO window and ask the question. But didnt help me much. He told me same thing that case is pending for PIMS.

Did you check recently? any updates?

Did you check recently? any updates?

Hi Bommer, 

Finally on 20th Nov Embassy called me and took my interview again.They also called at my client place and verified employment. and 21st Nov 2014 I got passport. Seems like after approving Visa they are randomly giving 221G. My advice to everyone is Go to home country for stamping. I have friend who came to Ottawa as well and stuck for 20 days. Those who went India for stamping for them it's only matter of 2-3 days. Hope this information will help someone.

Hi Bommer, 

Finally on 20th Nov Embassy called me and took my interview again.They also called at my client place and verified employment. and 21st Nov 2014 I got passport. Seems like after approving Visa they are randomly giving 221G. My advice to everyone is Go to home country for stamping. I have friend who came to Ottawa as well and stuck for 20 days. Those who went India for stamping for them it's only matter of 2-3 days. Hope this information will help someone.

Congrats

• 2 weeks later...

Archived