Travelling to India on H4 after i485 before fingerprinting

philfangs

Hello,

I am on H4 visa as a dependant - My husband is on H1. 

Our H Visa stamping on passport expired on jan-2013. we have the extended i797 approval notice valid until Jan-2016.

We have filed for i485 on 18-Jul-2014 received the 485 receipt notices however, have not received the fingerprinting appointment as yet. 

I am planning to travel to India.

1. Will this travel to India cause any issues for my i485/EAD/AP processing?

2. will this cause any issues with my H4 stamping in India?

3. After i come in US is there any special forms/any filing i need to do for with my new i94?

4. if i get the fingerprinting while in India, how long can i request it to be postponed? so i can stay longer in india - have 2 marriages to attend :) 

Generally, you get your notice 34 weeks in advance of the FP appointment. The appointment can be cancelled and then the USCIS will reschedule it. They usually do it a month after the original appointment. The instructions for rescheduling are on the notice.

Generally, you get your notice 34 weeks in advance of the FP appointment. The appointment can be cancelled and then the USCIS will reschedule it. They usually do it a month after the original appointment. The instructions for rescheduling are on the notice.

That was meant to be 3 to 4 weeks.

Archived