portability of priorrty date query

Hi,

I am on an H1B and green card in process - EB2. I have a priority date for Mar09.

I would like some more information about portability of priority date. Can anyone explain to me what this is about?

If I find a new job and the new employer is willing to file a completely new green card application immediately, can I keep my current priority date of Mar09.

What are the requirements for keeping the priority date from one green card application to another? Can this be done at all?

Thanks

Regards

please consult a lawyer.

you need to attach a copy of your approved I-140 with the new I-140 application packet to port PD.

Originally posted by BCISsux:

Hi,

I am on an H1B and green card in process - EB2. I have a priority date for Mar09.

I would like some more information about portability of priority date. Can anyone explain to me what this is about?

If I find a new job and the new employer is willing to file a completely new green card application immediately, can I keep my current priority date of Mar09.

What are the requirements for keeping the priority date from one green card application to another? Can this be done at all?

Thanks

Regards

Archived