EB2 Eligibility

Hi All,

Below is my situation:

Education:
3 years Bachelor Degree(Chemistry - India)

2 years MBA (Marketing – India)
2 years Masters(Technology Management - USA )

Work Experience:
4 years of IT experience in the United States

What kind of requirement qualify me for the EB2 category? 

Appreciate your answers. 

You can't tailor the requirements. That would be fraud. DOL and USCIS detect such attempts.

The employer knows what the job requires, the industry knows what the job requires. An employer can not arbitrarily say that a job requires certain qualifications if that isn't industry norm.

Hi All,

Below is my situation:

Education:

3 years Bachelor Degree(Chemistry - India)

2 years MBA (Marketing – India)

2 years Masters(Technology Management - USA )

Work Experience:

4 years of IT experience in the United States

What kind of requirement qualify me for the EB2 category? 

Appreciate your answers. 

Go through USCIS website to know the EB2 eligibility criteria.....

You can't tailor the requirements. That would be fraud. DOL and USCIS detect such attempts.

The employer knows what the job requires, the industry knows what the job requires. An employer can not arbitrarily say that a job requires certain qualifications if that isn't industry norm.

I don't want to manipulate anything. My purpose it  to find suitable job make me eligible for the EB2. 

Go through USCIS website to know the EB2 eligibility criteria.....

HI Rahul,

I know that EB2 eligibility would be BS +5 or MS + . Just need the advise suitable to my experience and education. I have 3 years BS and another 2-2 years in MBA(India) and MS(USA). So would I qualify in the requirement if it ask for the BS + 5 years or MS + 2 years preferred.  

Thank you...

HI Rahul,

I know that EB2 eligibility would be BS +5 or MS + . Just need the advise suitable to my experience and education. I have 3 years BS and another 2-2 years in MBA(India) and MS(USA). So would I qualify in the requirement if it ask for the BS + 5 years or MS + 2 years preferred.  

Thank you...

But your BS or MS should be from that field.

I have been interviewed on the position with following requirement:

BS+5 or MS+2 required with degree concentration in Technology/Computer Science or other relevant technical fields.  

Does it sounds fit for the EB2 based on my experience and qualification..?

Thanks in advance...

BS+5 or MS+2 required with degree concentration in Technology/Computer Science or other relevant technical fields.  

Thanks in advance...

AFAIK, USCIS goes by the minimum req for that job. If that's true then it will be BS+5.

Thanks in advance...

Your 3 year Bachelors might pose a problem here.  If the requirement is MS + 2 (with no BS+5 alternative),  it should sail through. .   Even with this requirement,  it might go through .   Please check extract from Adjudicators field manual  http://www.uscis.gov...-0-0-31107.html

Your 3 year Bachelors might pose a problem here.  If the requirement is MS + 2 (with no BS+5 alternative),  it should sail through. .   Even with this requirement,  it might go through .   Please check extract from Adjudicators field manual  http://www.uscis.gov...-0-0-31107.html

Thanks for the above link:

it has mention that:

ETA 750 Item 15:     * Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or academic equivalent, and 5 years of progressive experience will substitute for Master’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years of such experience.

** Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or academic equivalent.

This position clearly requires a master’s degree or 5 years of progressive experience. Consequently, the position requires a member of the professions holding an advanced degree. Again, assuming the beneficiary possesses these qualifications, the underlying petition should be approved.

So I have MS+2 but not the MS+3 is it work?

Thanks for the above link:

it has mention that:

ETA 750 Item 15:     * Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or academic equivalent, and 5 years of progressive experience will substitute for Master’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years of such experience.

** Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or academic equivalent.

This position clearly requires a master’s degree or 5 years of progressive experience. Consequently, the position requires a member of the professions holding an advanced degree. Again, assuming the beneficiary possesses these qualifications, the underlying petition should be approved.

So I have MS+2 but not the MS+3 is it work?

The minimum requirement for EB2  is MS  OR BS+5 ...    MS + 2  or +3  does not make a difference as long as what is in PERM matches the qualification of candidate

The minimum requirement for EB2  is MS  OR BS+5 ...    MS + 2  or +3  does not make a difference as long as what is in PERM matches the qualification of candidate

I have seen many post here mention that MS +3 needed to replace BS+5 for the EB2...so bit confuse...

If you have US Masters and 3yr Bachelor degree and even of the minimum requirement is BS + 5, USCIS will consider the application as EB2 as long as degree is in field required and beneficiary has demonstrated 5 years of progressive experience post Masters degree.

Getting US Master's satisfies the US/Foreign Bachelor's requirement but beneficiary has to prove that experience gained to be used in petition is after Master's because that is the clear point of time when it's deemed that Master's degree will satisfy US equivalent Bachelor's degree.

AILA NSC liaison document from 2007 makes it abundantly clear that petition will be approved as long as experience qualifes for

EB2, education will if it's Master's degree from US.

Archived