Are 2 GCs' possible?

Jas_on_H1

Hello,

I am on my 6th year H1B ends Nov 2014. Started GC and employer has filed for labor on Jan 15 but is pending. If i get married to a GC holder can i start a new GC?

• So basically can 2 GC's be filed one is work based and the other through spouse?
  • Also, which one is faster?

Will appreaciate any knowledge on the above.

Thanks!!

Hello,

I am on my 6th year H1B ends Nov 2014. Started GC and employer has filed for labor on Jan 15 but is pending. If i get married to a GC holder can i start a new GC?

• So basically can 2 GC's be filed one is work based and the other through spouse?
  • Also, which one is faster?

Will appreaciate any knowledge on the above.

Thanks!!

Yes.

Through spouse will be faster.

There is no "GC filing".

There are several forms that need to be filed in sequence (and sometimes it is possible to file them concurrently.)

You can have multiple immigrant petitions (I-140, I-130.)

You can only have one I-485.

As for time frames, see the monthly visa bulletin. You can find it through your favorite search engine.

Thanks & Appreciate all the information.

If i get married in September for example, but my 6 yrs on h1 (all vacation days/time captured) end Nov 2014 (labor still pending thru employment) , is there any status on which i can stay within the US having married to a GC holder?

or do i have to step out of the country and be back until after the GC is processed?

Thanks!

Archived