Visitor visa For Housewarming and Puja??

guptaamits

Hello Everybody,

My parents are rejected for tourist visa twice in last 10 years. This will be there third attempt in coming days. I will be sponsoring their tourist visa but I was wondering what are the other valid reasons for visitor visa? I am preparing invitation letter for them. I have put usual reasons like inviting USA to tour around site-seeing places and stay at my home. We are also planning Sataynarayan puja and house warming party during there visit. Is that a valid reason to include in invitation letter? I bought condo last year in June but I am organizing house warming party late August this year.

What documents should I provide if I include puja and house warming party in my invitation letter?

I appreciate your prompt response.

You can but in the US a "housewarming" is not a big deal. Milestone birthdays and anniversaries are much bigger events.

that is a good observation, however, it is not possible to fabricate an anniversary for the sake of this interview..moreover, the dream of home ownership is very high in USA compared to india..it's not that hard for the middleclass indian to build a house..

cosular officers are trained about local culture and habits of the country where they work..if the OP's parents seek the help of a translator during the interview, then the message can be easily conveyed..

There is no sponsorship involved for a visitor visa.

please stop this rhetoric statement...

instead of literal interpretation, understand the slang..

when somebody says they are sponsoring for a parents visitor visa, they are talking about I134, which is called a 'sponsorship form' (financial)

when somebody says they are sponsoring for a parents visitor visa, they are talking about I134, which is called a 'sponsorship form' (financial)

It is better to say I-134 if they want a correct opinion and I-134 has no legal binding on anyone.

Hello,

My parents have 10 yrs multiple entry visa (originally sponsored by my brother )and have visited thrice , and are here for fourth time from Mar 2014. Their visa is expiring next year end. Can somebody guide me on these points

1. Should the extension be requested only by my brother(presently US citizen) or can be file by me (PR)as they are presently with me?

2. Will the extension come in the way of renewal of visa next year?

Thanks

An I-134 isn't needed, either.

It is not even enforceable.

So, there is no sponsorship, there is no need for an I-134.

Better?

An I-134 isn't needed, either.

It is not even enforceable.

So, there is no sponsorship, there is no need for an I-134.

Better?

majority of the indian parents have no to little income ..all they have is I134 to show the liquid funds to cover the expenses for the trip..

Need to see a case proof of any parents who got a visa that require financial support for the trip that went to the interview without I134..

majority of the indian parents have no to little income ..all they have is I134 to show the liquid funds to cover the expenses for the trip..

Need to see a case proof of any parents who got a visa that require financial support for the trip that went to the interview without I134..

Again, US courts have held that an I-134 is not enforceable. That means it is a worthless piece of paper. Whatever is listed in there is useless. That means it is not needed. It is *that* simple.

For the I-134, see, e.g., Tornheim v. Kohn, 2002 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 27914, No. 00 CV 5084(SJ), 2002 WL 482534, at *1, *5 (E.D.N.Y. Mar. 26, 2002), finding that because defendant signed the affidavit of support on Form 1-134, instead of on Form I-864, defendant had not signed a legally binding contract.

Archived