H1B-Visa renewal-Dropbox-@Delhi

maltir

I submitted docs through dropbox 4 days back. At that time they said it should take 3/4 days to process visa. Now they are saying it is in administrative processing and it will take up to 60 days. Can anybody guide me what's happening? I thought dropbox to be better option as it is only for visa renewal and list of documents were minimum. But it is turning out to be nightmare.

I submitted docs through dropbox 4 days back. At that time they said it should take 3/4 days to process visa. Now they are saying it is in administrative processing and it will take up to 60 days. Can anybody guide me what's happening? I thought dropbox to be better option as it is only for visa renewal and list of documents were minimum. But it is turning out to be nightmare.

Either it is dropbox or in person, it will be the same outcome.

Looks like your case in pending under 221g.

They haven't intimated me for additional docs yet. So I am not sure if it is under 221g. Anyway to confirm if that's the case?

It has been more than a week. And the status of case is same from day 1 - "Administritative processing".

Any idea on how long will it take for process to be completed?

They haven't intimated me for additional docs yet. So I am not sure if it is under 221g. Anyway to confirm if that's the case?

It has been more than a week. And the status of case is same from day 1 - "Administritative processing".

Any idea on how long will it take for process to be completed?

If it is 221g there is no time limit and you have to wait for a decision.

After 2 weeks, I received my passport with NO visa stamp. And there is a confusing letter from US Consulate. It states -

We are unable to process your visa application at this time, as we require your presence at the Embassy.  Your case has been suspended under section 221(g) until the below indicated process is completed.:

__ Fingerprints

X Interview

_ Other ____________

Please bring this letter and your passport at the Embassy on any business day before 10:00 am. Please DO NOT make a new appointment.

So I am confused what this visa process is. I have following questions -

1. In the letter embassy said they can't process my visa unless my interview is completed.
- Can anyone explain what interview process is this? Like is this a regular visa interview or any special interview?
- I am confused on what documents do I have to take for the interview as letter doesn't mention any document.
- I believe, I do qualified for the dropbox because I was applying under same visa category which expired in last year September. And my sponsor is same. Is it possible that Consulate wrongly understood that my case doesn't qualify for dropbox and hence they require me for an interview?

2. I do need clarification on whether I need to take DS-160, original 1-797 or not as these are important documents.

Please NOTE - I am planning to go for interview tomorrow that is FRIDAY June 6th 2014. Please reply to my queries today itself if you can so that I can prepare my stuff.

Thanks a lot

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@maltir and all other friends who have had similar case: Can you please share your experience/end result? 

I am sailing in the same boat. I submitted the documents last Monday (3/28) via dropbox at Chandigarh VFS office (Delhi embassy) and received exactly same 221(g) blue slip today (4/4). I am planning to appear for interview by end of this week.

1. Can you please share your overall embassy (interview) experience?

2. Was there a big waiting line? Since they have mentioned anytime before 10AM, how early should I reach?

3. What documents were asked?

4. What questions were asked?

5. Anything else I need to take care of?

Thanks much in advance!

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2014 at 4:33 AM, maltir said:

After 2 weeks, I received my passport with NO visa stamp. And there is a confusing letter from US Consulate. It states -

So I am confused what this visa process is. I have following questions -

1. In the letter embassy said they can't process my visa unless my interview is completed.
- Can anyone explain what interview process is this? Like is this a regular visa interview or any special interview?
- I am confused on what documents do I have to take for the interview as letter doesn't mention any document.
- I believe, I do qualified for the dropbox because I was applying under same visa category which expired in last year September. And my sponsor is same. Is it possible that Consulate wrongly understood that my case doesn't qualify for dropbox and hence they require me for an interview?

2. I do need clarification on whether I need to take DS-160, original 1-797 or not as these are important documents.

Please NOTE - I am planning to go for interview tomorrow that is FRIDAY June 6th 2014. Please reply to my queries today itself if you can so that I can prepare my stuff.

Thanks a lot

I am in same situation and need help as my documents are good. Can anyone reply to this and share their experience. 

Thanks!

Archived