Parent's B2 visa got rejected twice in last 3 years

gopal.ladha

Hi,
I had applied for my parent's visa once in Nov-2010 & second time in Mar-2013. But both the times, they got rejected. Below are some more details:
1. Both the times, we applied for Mumbai consulate.
2. Both the times, I sponsored for their visa.
3. I am the only son of my parents with 4 sisters (all are married & in India).
4. My parents have business in India, and both the times, they carried property papers, bank account statements etc., but was not asked to show.
5. Both the times, we took interview in Hindi language only, as my parents don't know English (My father though understands English, but not good at speaking).
6. I have my wife (non-working) & son (3 years) in USA.
7. I am on H1B visa right now in USA.
8. Both the times, only generic questions like where are you going, with whom you will stay etc. were asked. And they truly replied for these questions, and the same were also mentioned in their DS-160 forms also.
9. I sent all my required documents like petition, passport, bank statement (with almost $20K in aggregated balance for last three months & more than $20K current balance), invitation letter, requesting letter to consulate officer etc. But both the times, not a single document were asked by interviewer.
10. We do not know the reasons as the rejection slip they gave, are lost. But my father told me that it is sort of general rejection note like "as per US rules, you do not fit into this category, and/or you do not seem to appropriate for this time (something like this). You may reapply after allowed timeframe etc." (Please note that this is not the exact rejection reason. This is based on our memory only).
11. Both the times, we applied for tourist purpose & for 3-4 weeks time.

I am thinking of applying for them third time. Please advice on my below ALL questions:
1. Could changing the consulate may help? or is it not needed?
2. Is there any way to get the details of their past 2 rejections? If this cannot be retrieved (OR not really matters to retrieve it) then what should I mention in third time DS-160 form under past application details?
3. Any suggestions to make their application stronger for the third time?
4. Lastly, one of my friend told to get the services of Pune based travel agency Ruturaj. He mentioned that they are good in such cases. When I talked to them then mentioned about the fee (which is almost Rs 23,500 per person including US application fee). They did not assured me for anything, but said first they will retrieve the reasons for rejections for last two times & then will file the application accordingly to make the case stronger. Do you know if this agency can be trusted? OR is it worth to go through them rather than applying by self?

I tried to include as many details as possible here, so that people can suggest/guide me based on their knowledge and/or experience. If any more details are needed then please let me know.
Sorry for writing this big note.
Thank you in advance!

Hi Gopal,

I had same situation and my parents visa was rejected 3 times in Mumbai consulate. I took help from murthy india and they suggested few good points but it also did not work.

4th time I changed the consulate and instead of me, my cousin sponsored my parent and they had interview in Kolkata and they got the visa.

Thanks

Hi,
I had applied for my parent's visa once in Nov-2010 & second time in Mar-2013. But both the times, they got rejected. Below are some more details:
1. Both the times, we applied for Mumbai consulate.
2. Both the times, I sponsored for their visa.
3. I am the only son of my parents with 4 sisters (all are married & in India).
4. My parents have business in India, and both the times, they carried property papers, bank account statements etc., but was not asked to show.
5. Both the times, we took interview in Hindi language only, as my parents don't know English (My father though understands English, but not good at speaking).
6. I have my wife (non-working) & son (3 years) in USA.
7. I am on H1B visa right now in USA.
8. Both the times, only generic questions like where are you going, with whom you will stay etc. were asked. And they truly replied for these questions, and the same were also mentioned in their DS-160 forms also.
9. I sent all my required documents like petition, passport, bank statement (with almost $20K in aggregated balance for last three months & more than $20K current balance), invitation letter, requesting letter to consulate officer etc. But both the times, not a single document were asked by interviewer.
10. We do not know the reasons as the rejection slip they gave, are lost. But my father told me that it is sort of general rejection note like "as per US rules, you do not fit into this category, and/or you do not seem to appropriate for this time (something like this). You may reapply after allowed timeframe etc." (Please note that this is not the exact rejection reason. This is based on our memory only).
11. Both the times, we applied for tourist purpose & for 3-4 weeks time.

I am thinking of applying for them third time. Please advice on my below ALL questions:
1. Could changing the consulate may help? or is it not needed?
2. Is there any way to get the details of their past 2 rejections? If this cannot be retrieved (OR not really matters to retrieve it) then what should I mention in third time DS-160 form under past application details?
3. Any suggestions to make their application stronger for the third time?
4. Lastly, one of my friend told to get the services of Pune based travel agency Ruturaj. He mentioned that they are good in such cases. When I talked to them then mentioned about the fee (which is almost Rs 23,500 per person including US application fee). They did not assured me for anything, but said first they will retrieve the reasons for rejections for last two times & then will file the application accordingly to make the case stronger. Do you know if this agency can be trusted? OR is it worth to go through them rather than applying by self?

I tried to include as many details as possible here, so that people can suggest/guide me based on their knowledge and/or experience. If any more details are needed then please let me know.
Sorry for writing this big note.
Thank you in advance!

I can give you only one advise Make sure they tell the true based on DS-160 and Have confidence like talk with eye contact.My Parent got Visa recently fifth time. 

Hi Gopal,

I think the problem is with the sponsorship. Instead of u sponsoring them, let them sponsor on their own. This helps them. In my understanding, VO is looking for ur parents strong financial ties to the Home country. Even my parents visa got rejected two times but later we mentioned (in DS 160) that they are self sponsoring their trip and got visa.Rejections are not permanent. Keep trying hoping for the best.  

All the best. 

Archived