H1 stamping in Cape Town(South Africa): 221 g

akumar11

Hi All,

I had my visa interview in US Cape Town(South Africa) on 13th Mar14. VO asked some basic questions and after that gave form 221 g for (PIMS entry not found in system).

Following week i asked for status of my visa application via mail and consulate replied that petition is in now  in PIMS and it is in printing status.

After that i haven't received any communication from consulate. There is no status info on there south africa visa portal. When i called them again last week some officer told me that they are waiting for something from washington and cannt tell how much time all this might take.

Its more than a year now since this H1 process started and still i dont know whether i will get it or not. Can someone please assist me what are the chances of approval now and how much time it might take to reach a decision?

Thanks,

Ajay

You said "Its more than a year now since this H1 process started and still i dont know whether i will get it or not."

But your interview was on the 13th (14 days ago). What do you mean by 1 year?

I assume you are in South Africa still.

I means, H1 was filed in Ar,2013. After all phases of lottery, processing, rfe ,approval and now visa stamping its more than a year process. Even now i dont know which way it will end.

• 2 years later...

Archived