Eligibility for H1B Visa

Hi Team,

I am a Diploma Holder in Civil Engineering Stream. I have done my diploma after 10+2. with +2 and Diploma i have a total of 15 years of education with 5 years of collage education. i am currently working as IT professional with a total of 4 years IT experience in Storage Area Networking (SAN) Technology in two different US Based MNCs. Please let me know Will my qualifications and experience be considered for applying H1 Visa.

Thank you for your time and response in advance

Hi Team,

I am a Diploma Holder in Civil Engineering Stream. I have done my diploma after 10+2. with +2 and Diploma i have a total of 15 years of education with 5 years of collage education. i am currently working as IT professional with a total of 4 years IT experience in Storage Area Networking (SAN) Technology in two different US Based MNCs. Please let me know Will my qualifications and experience be considered for applying H1 Visa.

Thank you for your time and response in advance

For H1 you need to have 4 yrs of degree from the field related to your H1 job.

Working in IT industry for 10+ yrs, have a 4 yrs degree in mechanical (BE). However my company sponsored H1 application was rejected in initial scanning; reason, "credential eval" even after submitting all the required docs.

The only reason that i can think of is that my university is Open University, not affiliated to any educational institution. Can that be a reason? or what can be reasons of credential eval failure related to education?

I have travelled to US earlier on 4 occasions on L1 visa.

Appreciate any help or pointers..

Thanks,

Amey

It is not possible to evaluate either of these situations based on the information given. First obtain an evaluation from a qualified credentials evaluator and then bring that and documentation of education and experience to a qualified attorney to determine likely qualification. The degree doesn't have to be a four-year degree. Education and experience can be evaluated for equivalency to a US degree.

The denial also should be evaluated by a qualified attorney.

The standards for green card are different, but it is possible to go forward without a four-year degree.

Thank you JoeF and all for the quick answers. Appreciate it.

Since my education is from non-accredited university my H1 would be rejected in credential eval anyhow. (As done by my co. attorney)

However, are there any hopes of clearing the credential eval purely based on work experience? (As pointed by Attorney_25) I have also read somewhere that X years of work experience is equivalent to an academic degree. If this is true, can I clear credential eval based only on work experience alone? My work exp is 10.5 years.

If my case makes sense and chances of getting positive outcome are bright then I can proceed with getting myself evaluated externally and take it up with my employer

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Amey

Thank you JoeF and all for the quick answers. Appreciate it.

Since my education is from non-accredited university my H1 would be rejected in credential eval anyhow. (As done by my co. attorney)

However, are there any hopes of clearing the credential eval purely based on work experience? (As pointed by Attorney_25) I have also read somewhere that X years of work experience is equivalent to an academic degree. If this is true, can I clear credential eval based only on work experience alone? My work exp is 10.5 years.

If my case makes sense and chances of getting positive outcome are bright then I can proceed with getting myself evaluated externally and take it up with my employer

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Amey

I believe 3 years experience can substitute 1 year for a degree. So, if you have 12 years experience it could substitute for a 4 year degree.

Archived