No response for 6 weeks after sending N400

mna123

I applied for US citizenship. I received initial acknowledgement of application receipt, check was cashed and after that no response yet. Its been 6 weeks, no notice for finger printing, nothing ...

My 5 years will be completed on March 19th so is it the reason I am delayed?

What should I do? Should I contact any one? Should I have info pass?

Thanks,

• 3 months later...

I have not heard any thing back from USCIS and its almost 5 months. They are ruining my traveling plans. Can some one please tell me who should I be contacting to see what is going on.

Not even finger printing notice received after initial application received response.

Can some one please tell me the process to make an appointment with case worker?

Should I write my senator?

Found this page https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php

Seems the option 4 will be appropriate for me

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

But how do I contact NCSC and inquire.

Any help will be much appreciated

Found this page https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php

Seems the option 4 will be appropriate for me

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

But how do I contact NCSC and inquire.

Any help will be much appreciated

The customer service center has a 1-800 number.

• 1 month later...

I had my interview today finally . I am asked to har back within 60 days ... She said that she has not checked my background check and she cant make decision. She said my background check might not be completed.

I thought interview were only scheduled if background check was completed.

I had my interview today finally . I am asked to har back within 60 days ... She said that she has not checked my background check and she cant make decision. She said my background check might not be completed.

I thought interview were only scheduled if background check was completed.

That's not always the case.

But at least you now have a clear path. They have to make a decision within 90 days after the interview. If they don't, file a Writ of Mandamus. They are VERY quick once they get that ;)

Archived