H-1B processing time Ottawa

chandrabk

Hi All,

Attended Visa interview today. VO told me that my Visa is approved, took the passport returned all documents including I797, but he asked me to submit a new photo by giving 221G Yellow colour. He just mentioned the date and selected photos. I have submitted the photos within an Hour.

Just wanted to check with you the processing time now...

Now i see the ceac website change the status to Administrative processing. Didn't see any change in status in the usvisa-info.com.

I heard from few people who posted earlier saying that even though their visa is approved, they are seeing the status as Administrative processing, is this common? any help is greatly appreciated here.

chandrabk

I have attended in ottawa last yr, the VO told me everything is looking and the status will be updated in the ceac website the white paper he will give you once the interview is done, for me it initially it was under "processing" for 1 day and then changed to "Admin processing" and after 4 days the status changed to approved, If the VO says you got visa you can expect the approved status in 4-5 working days. Hope this helps...

I am also planning to attend in ottawa again.Please share your visa experience so that we can Plan.

Thank You 

Priya

PositiveThinking cbalajih1

The visa process was straight forward

- What do you do

- How long have you been working for

- who is your client

- how many years in US

- what makes you a suitable for that role

- Education qualification (Same question for my wife as well)

Documents Asked : I797 only

He said Visa is approved, took my passport, returned I797. He asked me to get a new photo of each one of us and submit on the same day by giving a 221g(Yellow), which we did, also there are lot of people who were asked to resubmit the photographs, which i think shouldn't be a big deal if your visa is approved. After we submitted the passport, officer at the counter informed about the delay in PIMS system for last 3-4 days, not sure if it really impacts my case.

I guess, after someone attends visa interview and his visa is approved, staus in CEAC changes to Administrative processing and stays that way for couple of days.Later on it will be changed to Issues or Ready. 

PositiveThinking cbalajih1

The visa process was straight forward

- What do you do

- How long have you been working for

- who is your client

- how many years in US

- what makes you a suitable for that role

- Education qualification (Same question for my wife as well)

Documents Asked : I797 only

He said Visa is approved, took my passport, returned I797. He asked me to get a new photo of each one of us and submit on the same day by giving a 221g(Yellow), which we did, also there are lot of people who were asked to resubmit the photographs, which i think shouldn't be a big deal if your visa is approved. After we submitted the passport, officer at the counter informed about the delay in PIMS system for last 3-4 days, not sure if it really impacts my case.

I guess, after someone attends visa interview and his visa is approved, staus in CEAC changes to Administrative processing and stays that way for couple of days.Later on it will be changed to Issues or Ready. 

Pretty Straight forward interview.  Let us know when you are able to pick up your passport. 

chandrabk

I have attended in ottawa last yr, the VO told me everything is looking and the status will be updated in the ceac website the white paper he will give you once the interview is done, for me it initially it was under "processing" for 1 day and then changed to "Admin processing" and after 4 days the status changed to approved, If the VO says you got visa you can expect the approved status in 4-5 working days. Hope this helps...

I am also planning to attend in ottawa again.Please share your visa experience so that we can Plan.

Thank You 

Priya

Priya - It looks like it takes 5 business days to get your passport back. I am also planning a trip to Ottawa with my spouse sometime in April or May . If you are interested in making plans to go this year in the same time frame let me know. My email can be found in my profile. 

Thanks !

https://usvisa-info.com status is updated today with Waybill number and status as "Ready to Pickup", considering its a holiday on Monday i will have to collect only on Tuesday.

Here is the details of the timeline

02/12/2014   : Visa Interview at around 10:00 AM, everything went well except for photos. VO has given me a 221(g) with just date and photos option selected. Returned within 1 hr and submitted the photos. So the 221(g) was just for re-entry into consulate and submit my photos.

02/13/2014 : Status changes to Administrative processing around 11 AM.

02/14/2014 : Status changes to Issued around 1 PM. No update to theusvisa-info.com

Around 9:00 PM , usvisa-info.com has change with waybill number and "Ready for Pickup" status.

Will pick my passport on Tuesday (02/18/2014).

Thanks everyone for your inputs and help during past 3 days.

Hi All,

First of all thanks for all the members of the forum for sharing their experiences.. this forum helped me a lot to prepare all the 

required documents and the questions VO asks.

My Details:

Working in US since Jan 2007.

Was working for a desi company A from Jan 2007 to May 2013. (6.5 years)

moved to desi company B (for green card processing) in May 2013.

I have a current H1 valid till May 9 2014.

I have new H1 valid from May 10 2014 - May 9 2017. (Both the H1s are with the company B, and I have attended the interview with the new H1)

I have attended interview on 19th Feb. and the Visa is approved.

VO: Your H1 starts from May... so i think your visa will be valid only from May.. 

ME: I am currently working for the same company and i have the current I 797

VO:I need to check something (and he went in and came after 5 mins.. and said it is ok.)

ME: OK Sir.

VO: How long are you working for Company B.

ME: 9 months.

VO: When did you finish your under grad

ME: 2004.

VO: Where

ME: In India Sir.

VO: Did you masters after that

ME: NO Sir.

VO: what did you do after under grad.

ME: I worked as a Software Engineer in India for 2.5 Years then came to US on H1 and started working for Company A from Jan 2007 to May 2013 then moved to company B my current company.

VO: Your visa is issued and you will get an email from loomis to collect the passport on Monday or Tuesday.

It is PIMS update that is why it is taking 4 days. (additional 2 days for PIMS).

Note: The same VO interviewed 3 other(Indians) before me and for each person he took the interview for at least 30 mins.

and my interview was only 10 mins, including the time he spent in analysing if i can get the visa on the future dated H1.

So definitely each case is different .. so don't worry.

All the Best for who ever attending the interview.

Archived