DS 160 Form - Please help.

jenni456

Hi All,

I have a few questions thought someone might help me out here. Appreciate your time.

1. Does it matter how much duration of stay I mention in the form? I believe my parents might stay here for 3 to 4 months. I have mentioned as 3 months. Should I mention more? Does it matter?

2. I am paying for my parents trip. Is that ok or should they pay for their trip?

3. DS 160 form doesnt give me an option to upload the photos. Are they taking pictures at consulate during the biometric screening?

4. Mom doesnt speak english or Hindi that fluently. She understands though. Should I just book the interview with the native language?

Finally, would you suggest me to go through any travel agent at all?

Hi All,

I have a few questions thought someone might help me out here. Appreciate your time.

1. Does it matter how much duration of stay I mention in the form? I believe my parents might stay here for 3 to 4 months. I have mentioned as 3 months. Should I mention more? Does it matter?

2. I am paying for my parents trip. Is that ok or should they pay for their trip?

3. DS 160 form doesnt give me an option to upload the photos. Are they taking pictures at consulate during the biometric screening?

4. Mom doesnt speak english or Hindi that fluently. She understands though. Should I just book the interview with the native language?

Finally, would you suggest me to go through any travel agent at all?

1. It is fine.

2. It is fine.

3. They take pictures at OFC during biometrics.

4. Book in whatever language your mom is comfortable in speaking.

1. Duration does not matter unless you mention more than 6 months. Put 3-4 months as per your plan.

2. Ideally they should be able to pay for the trip but you can also bear expenses. you will have to send I-134 with the application though. 

3. they take photos during finger printing appointments. 

4. Native language is fine. 

Archived