Max out calculation for H1B

mesudhir

I am looking to apply for green card, I am calculating the max out for H1b, but I heard several answers from different guys as I entered US multiple times. Here is my full summary of my visa IN and OUT.

Stamping        Arrival and departure dates     Start date End Date     Arrival Departure GAP 6-Mar-08 27-Sep-10 X Employer H1B 5/29/2008 9/23/2009 515 days 31-Aug-10 18-Apr-13 Y Employer H1B 2/20/2011 6/8/2013   14-Jun-13 12-Oct-15 Z Employer H1B 6/30/2013    

I had 515 days gap between first departure and second arrival. What I am thinking is the H1 max out will be calculating from the second H1 start date, but few guys are saying the first entry and departure period also will calculated for the max out as my second H1 stamping done before the first stamping is expired.

I am really confused because if I consider the first entry then I will loose 1yr 4 months. Please guide me to go in right track.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking to apply for green card, I am calculating the max out for H1b, but I heard several answers from different guys as I entered US multiple times. Here is my full summary of my visa IN and OUT.

Stamping        Arrival and departure dates     Start date End Date     Arrival Departure GAP 6-Mar-08 27-Sep-10 X Employer H1B 5/29/2008 9/23/2009 515 days 31-Aug-10 18-Apr-13 Y Employer H1B 2/20/2011 6/8/2013   14-Jun-13 12-Oct-15 Z Employer H1B 6/30/2013    

I had 515 days gap between first departure and second arrival. What I am thinking is the H1 max out will be calculating from the second H1 start date, but few guys are saying the first entry and departure period also will calculated for the max out as my second H1 stamping done before the first stamping is expired.

I am really confused because if I consider the first entry then I will loose 1yr 4 months. Please guide me to go in right track.

Thanks in advance.

If the H1B petition between your first departure and second arrival was not filed as a cap subject H1B petition then you would get 6 years - all time spent on H1B status in US.

I am re posting the below as it is tough to read

--------

Stamping                                                                    Arrival and departure dates
-----------------                                                           -----------------------------------------   
Start date     End Date                                                  Arrival           Departure   GAP
6-Mar-08       27-Sep-10    X Employer H1B                 5/29/2008      9/23/2009   515 days
31-Aug-10     18-Apr-13    Y Employer H1B                  2/20/2011     6/8/2013
14-Jun-13      12-Oct-15    Z Employer H1B                  6/30/2013

I had 515 days gap between first departure and second arrival. What I am thinking is the H1 max out will be calculating from the second H1 start date, but few guys are saying the first entry and departure period also will calculated for the max out as my second H1 stamping done before the first stamping is expired.

Thanks in advance.

For your 31st Aug '10 stamping, Did your employer Y file a new cap subject h1-b petition? If yes, then when? If not, then all the stays are counted for the 6 years calculation, I believe.

The 365 days between the trips matter, if a new cap-subject petition has been filed. If you are using cap-exempt petition every time, then every stay will be counted.

I am re posting the below as it is tough to read

--------

Stamping                                                                    Arrival and departure dates
-----------------                                                           -----------------------------------------   
Start date     End Date                                                  Arrival           Departure   GAP
6-Mar-08       27-Sep-10    X Employer H1B                 5/29/2008      9/23/2009   515 days
31-Aug-10     18-Apr-13    Y Employer H1B                  2/20/2011     6/8/2013
14-Jun-13      12-Oct-15    Z Employer H1B                  6/30/2013

I had 515 days gap between first departure and second arrival. What I am thinking is the H1 max out will be calculating from the second H1 start date, but few guys are saying the first entry and departure period also will calculated for the max out as my second H1 stamping done before the first stamping is expired.

Thanks in advance.

If employer Y's petition is a cap subject H1B petition you still have 3 years and 8 months on H1B. If employer Y's petition is cap exempt then you still have 2 years 4 months.

Archived