Married to a US citizen

km80

Hello all, 

I am currently on F1 for my MBA program. I recently got married to my fiance who happens to be a US citizen and received my Marriage Certificate.

My immigration attorney plans on filing the paper work this week. I have to report to my job in June. The position does not sponsor for H1Bs or any other forms of visa. I also need to travel out of the country in May.Is this sufficent time to get my EAD and advanced parole. 

Thank you for reading.

• 3 weeks later...

please consult a lawyer.

you will need to apply as soon as possible, there is no guarantee on processing time, some EAD/AP application gets approved within 90 days, some goes beyond. best way is to apply as early as possible in your case.

Hello all, 

I am currently on F1 for my MBA program. I recently got married to my fiance who happens to be a US citizen and received my Marriage Certificate.

My immigration attorney plans on filing the paper work this week. I have to report to my job in June. The position does not sponsor for H1Bs or any other forms of visa. I also need to travel out of the country in May.Is this sufficent time to get my EAD and advanced parole. 

Thank you for reading.

Archived