EB1 while pursuing PhD (but already experienced)

GCEB1

Dear Friends,

I have a question with the EB1 GC processing.

I did MS here in US and went for job (Research Scientist - Pharmaceutical Industry R&D), worked for around 5 years in a specific drug delivery area in a top pharmaceutical company under H1B visa. Recently, I resigned my job and joined for full time PhD under F1 visa. Since I want to specialize in my field, I joined the same area of drug delivery and I am working (as a graduate student) under a world-renowned faculty in that specific area.    

My question is say during my third of my PhD studies, if I have few publications and patents (already working them), with my five years industrial experience, would it be possible to apply for Greencard under EB1 category?

FYI, my area of research is very specific. Only few scientists are working in my field around the world.  

If anybody can help me here, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

GCEB1   

The EB-1A, extraordinary ability, employment based preference category requirements are difficult to meet, in part because there is a level of assessment and judgment in the adjudication and the USCIS is also becoming stricter and increasing its scrutiny of these cases.  Anyone considering filing under the EB-1A preference category should consult with a qualified, experienced immigration attorney who will review and assess the education, experience, qualifications and help prepare and present the case for the best chance of approval.

Dear Friends,

I have a question with the EB1 GC processing.

I did MS here in US and went for job (Research Scientist - Pharmaceutical Industry R&D), worked for around 5 years in a specific drug delivery area in a top pharmaceutical company under H1B visa. Recently, I resigned my job and joined for full time PhD under F1 visa. Since I want to specialize in my field, I joined the same area of drug delivery and I am working (as a graduate student) under a world-renowned faculty in that specific area.    

My question is say during my third of my PhD studies, if I have few publications and patents (already working them), with my five years industrial experience, would it be possible to apply for Greencard under EB1 category?

FYI, my area of research is very specific. Only few scientists are working in my field around the world.  

If anybody can help me here, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

GCEB1   

EB1 is tough. EB2 NIW is possible.

Dear Friends,

Thank you for all of your replies. Even when I talked to other friends, they recommended to consult with an attorney.

If you came across any similar stories or cases and about the outcome, would you please take a minute to post here? Or if there are any websites that I can find cases similar to mine, would you please let me know?

Thank you. 

Archived