Calgary Visa Interview experience( with PIMS issue)on Jan 22nd

draj

This forum has been a good source of information and helped me prepare well for the interview. I would like to briefly share my experience:

The questions were pretty similar to what were posted earlier in this forum, I was seeking Visa with H1B renewal( with I140 approval). Here are the questions:

What do you work as for you Employer?

Who's the client?

What do you do for client?

What's your highest degree and from where?

The visa officer verified the GC process with my employer?

Does your employer pay you on time?

That's it…your Visa is approved. Not a single document was asked.

My petition was not updated in PIMS, so the VO informed me that it would take additional day to receive the passport and that was what exactly happened….I had my interview on 22nd and received the passport at Loomis on 24th….Others who did not have PIMS issue got their passports on 23rd itself.

Don't worry much about PIMS, you can't do much about it ahead of time( sending emails ahead of time will not work). If your petition is not updated in PIMS database, it would just take an additional day(or two) to receive your passports. There were quite a few folks in similar situation, so PIMS is not a big issue.

Just be honest and confident during your interview. 

Good Luck to you all!!

This forum has been a good source of information and helped me prepare well for the interview. I would like to briefly share my experience:

The questions were pretty similar to what were posted earlier in this forum, I was seeking Visa with H1B renewal( with I140 approval). Here are the questions:

What do you work as for you Employer?

Who's the client?

What do you do for client?

What's your highest degree and from where?

The visa officer verified the GC process with my employer?

Does your employer pay you on time?

That's it…your Visa is approved. Not a single document was asked.

My petition was not updated in PIMS, so the VO informed me that it would take additional day to receive the passport and that was what exactly happened….I had my interview on 22nd and received the passport at Loomis on 24th….Others who did not have PIMS issue got their passports on 23rd itself.

Don't worry much about PIMS, you can't do much about it ahead of time( sending emails ahead of time will not work). If your petition is not updated in PIMS database, it would just take an additional day(or two) to receive your passports. There were quite a few folks in similar situation, so PIMS is not a big issue.

Just be honest and confident during your interview. 

Good Luck to you all!!

Congrats and thx for sharing the experience.

1) What did you say for What do you work as for you Employer?

How VO can verify the GC process with Employer?

The VO has all the information about you, including your current stage of your GC process. The VO verified the same with me.

Thanks for reply. 

Can you tell me, what did the VO ask you about GC process? Like what kind of questions. 

That will help others like me, who are in similar situation as yours to prepare better for their interviews. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Hary...As i mentioned earlier the Visa officier just verifed the stage of my GC process...The VO was like..."looks like your employer has initiated your GC process and your I140 is approved"....for which i said "Yes"

I hope this helps!!

Thanks draj. 

that helped. Good to know about that. 

Thanks. 

Archived