221g Cases- FT- TAL check-Formal complaint

srma

Hello all,

Addressed to Murthy Law Firm,

I am one among the many affected by the TAL 221g cases. (Having all genuine documents, applications, real jobs and working so hard at not being out of one, and striving to be in the same fields of education, plus paying taxes, rents, mortgages, educational loans- Seems like we are being taken for granted)

The wait and reason for same seems too ridiculous.

I am stranded here (Toronto) since Dec 13th and I see there are cases worse than mine. -Seems to be the norm around all embassies.

This whole thing seems too dumb.

Is there a way of placing a formal appeal or complaint through forum or law firm to the immigration department regarding the ridiculousness of this wait??

Was not sure if something of that nature has already been done?

Upon checking on the USCIS website, it says that they are aware of this and are trying to streamline the process blah blah..but apparently they dont seem to be doing a sensible job of this!

Please advice Forum.

All your input in this regard is much appreciated.

SR

Is your visa approved. i am also in the same boat. FTE for fortune 100 company.. got 221g in 2009, got resolved in 2 weeks.. this time waiting since Nov. 27th.. have been in US for the last 11 years.. eb2 I140 approved..

Hi biochem @

I am also in the same boat TAL check i guess.... Dont know how long it gonna take...

Parker: any updates on your side.  I am still waiting.  New Delhi embassy..  requested docs: resume, itinerary, funding, research, purpose etc.... All my friends who appeared in Mumbai had their visa issued in 2-3 weeks...  so frustrating.. cannot concentrate for a single minute....  I hope we all get visas soon..

Hello All,

Finally got my visa: After the debacles of ice storms, power cuts, trip cancellations, monetery losses. Anyway here is my story.

Dec 13th 2013: Visa interview at the Toronto Us consulate (Slapped with 221G- for H1 renewal)

No updates on CEAC website

Jan 7th 2014: Sent email to consulate requesting update

Jan 10th: Recieved clearence email (asking to submit passport on a Tuesday or Thursday)

Jan 14th: Submitted Passport (Requested lady at drop off window for early passport retrival explaining my 30+ days wait. She asked me to come pick up at the consulate Jan 16th- But no gurantees)

Jan 16th: Picked up passport with stamp. (Fortunately..)

Total waiting days : 35 including holidays.

Thank you Murthy Forum for very essential information.

221g TAL checks: Unreasonable waits: Still think we need to formally file a petetion or appeal regarding this hassle. If i find information regarding this, will post here.

Best Regards

Please stay positive.

A few pointers to all:

Wait for 30 days before sending an email to the consulate.

Also keep checking CEAC website (in my case it was a utter dud and still shows AP) but for few if you see a status update, I recommend you visit the consulate in person and enquire with the security or lady at the window regarding application status of your visa.

If you have been waiting for more than 30 days and recieve a clearence email, do not hesitate to request for expedited passport collection. (This is specific to Toronto consulate)

Thank you all.

Finally I got my visa. Here is my summary!!

Visa Interview: Nov. 25th

221gTAL! docs asked (resume, travel, research, funding etc)

Docs. Sent: Nov. 27th

Docs Resent: Dec. 27th (my first submission never reached)

Status Changes: Jan. 16th (administrative Processing), Jan 17th (issued)

It was a painful journey... hope we all get visas soon... all the best

Parker: any updates on your side.  I am still waiting.  New Delhi embassy..  requested docs: resume, itinerary, funding, research, purpose etc.... All my friends who appeared in Mumbai had their visa issued in 2-3 weeks...  so frustrating.. cannot concentrate for a single minute....  I hope we all get visas soon..

no updates for me till now @biochem.

congrats biochem....

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Biochem,

Didn't you get a confirmation after you submit additional documents? How come they didn't get your previous submission?

Dinesh

Archived