PLEASE dont call Ottawa consulate extension number for 221g questions

kmukh2

I just spoke with the lady in the administrative processing section at the Ottawa consulate, and I was told to post in this forum that calling her up is actually slowing down massively the processing she is supposed to do. The extension number given for the Ottawa consulate in this forum is her direct number, and I have called her up as well. She explained to me very nicely that all the processing takes place in Washington D.C. and the embassy will have no information about this processing until they hear back from D.C. She said the moment they hear back from D.C., they send out the email for the passport. She said she has been receiving massive number of calls lately, as well as voice messages and it takes at least 1 hour every day for her to go through all those messages, as well as talk to the people for no reason which slows down the processing at the end of the day. She urged everyone to email the Ottawa consulate for any information, and they would be happy to reply. Even from my personal experience, they are pretty prompt in replying.

So I think at the end of the day it would help us out if it makes anything faster.

quick question - if all the processing is done in DC , how is it slowing her ?

Dude, if you go there for stamping tomorrow and get a 221g, do you think she should forward your file to DC or keep answering phone calls of other guys and keep your info there without releasing it? You coose! 

Btw, the phone number on 221g letter is only administrative phone number, not a consular section phone number. 221g verification happens with DOS which is in DC, not the consulate.

I just spoke with the lady in the administrative processing section at the Ottawa consulate, and I was told to post in this forum that calling her up is actually slowing down massively the processing she is supposed to do. The extension number given for the Ottawa consulate in this forum is her direct number, and I have called her up as well. She explained to me very nicely that all the processing takes place in Washington D.C. and the embassy will have no information about this processing until they hear back from D.C. She said the moment they hear back from D.C., they send out the email for the passport. She said she has been receiving massive number of calls lately, as well as voice messages and it takes at least 1 hour every day for her to go through all those messages, as well as talk to the people for no reason which slows down the processing at the end of the day. She urged everyone to email the Ottawa consulate for any information, and they would be happy to reply. Even from my personal experience, they are pretty prompt in replying.

So I think at the end of the day it would help us out if it makes anything faster.

Hi, I am in the same boat. I wont try calling her. Thanks for the info. Anyways, R u waiting to hear back from them regarding your 221g. If so, how long its been for you. Becasue its already 1 month for me and I didn't hear anything from them. 

quick question - if all the processing is done in DC , how is it slowing her ?

Did you read the post completely. He was calling to her personal phone number, not the office number, and he go that number from this forum. Moreover, she may have other things to do, like moving the files or printing the visa on passport.

Hi, I am in the same boat. I wont try calling her. Thanks for the info. Anyways, R u waiting to hear back from them regarding your 221g. If so, how long its been for you. Becasue its already 1 month for me and I didn't hear anything from them. 

I had my interview on 18th September, and was given 221g and asked for CV and publication. When was your interview?

I had my interview on 18th September, and was given 221g and asked for CV and publication. When was your interview?

Hi

Any update on a response with regards to the clearance of admin processing in your case?. Where was your interview?. I had my interview at Ottawa consulate on 7th-Oct-2013 and have been waiting since then.

The VO took my resume and I 797. I don't have any publications. I was not given any 221 g. I strongly feel mine was subjected to TAL check and my application was sent to Washington DC.

Any inputs or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Kmukh2,

I got my visa approved on 29th Oct but the VO said since your electronic petition has not been updated in our system, your visa processing would take  a day or two extra. Can you please provide me with the consulates(administrative section) contact number or email you mentioned inyour post - just want to ask about any updates.

thanks,

Shruti

Hi Kmukh2,

I got my visa approved on 29th Oct but the VO said since your electronic petition has not been updated in our system, your visa processing would take  a day or two extra. Can you please provide me with the consulates(administrative section) contact number or email you mentioned inyour post - just want to ask about any updates.

thanks,

Shruti

Relax, shruthi you will get your visa by Monday. No need to worry.

Hi Kmukh;

I have been waiting since Oct 7th in Ottawa. Mine was subjected for admin processing. No documents asked. No 221 g form given. I was given a white pamphlet which indicated that "was your visa approved" and showed 3 methods for collecting the passport. He gave me back the passport as I had been on a tourist visa and let me know that I would have to submit my passport after I get an email from them.

Its been nearly 4 weeks and I haven't heard anything from them.

Could you please let me know if you received any update on your case?. If yes, how many days did you wait. Mine was similar to yours where he just took my CV and petition. I had no publications.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Relax, shruthi you will get your visa by Monday. No need to worry.

Hi Kmukh;

I have been waiting since Oct 7th in Ottawa. Mine was subjected for admin processing. No documents asked. No 221 g form given. I was given a white pamphlet which indicated that "was your visa approved" and showed 3 methods for collecting the passport. He gave me back the passport as I had been on a tourist visa and let me know that I would have to submit my passport after I get an email from them.

Its been nearly 4 weeks and I haven't heard anything from them.

Could you please let me know if you received any update on your case?. If yes, how many days did you wait. Mine was similar to yours where he just took my CV and petition. I had no publications.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Hi Sandeep,

I was given a blue 221g form as well. I had my interview on Sept 18th, was emailed to submit passport on Oct 30th, submitted passport on Oct 31st. I have not received my passport back yet.

If your visa is approved,then why did he returned your PP after the interview??

Hi Sandeep,

I was given a blue 221g form as well. I had my interview on Sept 18th, was emailed to submit passport on Oct 30th, submitted passport on Oct 31st. I have not received my passport back yet.

Thanks for your prompt reply. If you don't mind could you please let me know where was your interview and what was your educational background. Did you have any publications. I just wanted to know where I would stand in terms of getting the admin processing cleared.

Did the VO clearly state or did the blue form state that it was related to TAL check for you?. I was just worried as for me he never specified anything. He just told mine needed small background check. I was hesitant to ask what It was for and never asked. But I could sense he was more of concentrating on my words I used for my job responsibilities and my educational background. So I assumed so.for TAL.

He dint give me any form. I asked him if he needed any additional documents. He said everything looked fine and asked me to submit my passport once I receive email from them. Kind of worried. I am stuck here too and helpless.

Congrats Kmukh. Hope you get your passport on Monday.  Thank you for the info. In the clearance email from Embassy, did they mention any timeframe that the passport needs to be submitted within? I am planning to go to India end of next week and worried if I receive the email as soon as I landed in India i will have to come back immediately. Do you know if it is OK to submit the passport within 2 weeks after receiving the email?

Thanks again; all the best.

If your visa is approved,then why did he returned your PP after the interview??

He said I would get an email once the admin processing was clear and that was when I would be required to submit my passport. He knew I was there on tourist visa and thought I would need passport to travel in or around within Canada (3rd country) as that was the only form of identification which could be used for travel purposes.

He said I would get an email once the admin processing was clear and that was when I would be required to submit my passport. He knew I was there on tourist visa and thought I would need passport to travel in or around within Canada (3rd country) as that was the only form of identification which could be used for travel purposes.

Issuing the VISA won't take much time after the interview, that's why they keep the passport.

Anyhow let us know when you get your visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

Can you please provide me the number to speak to someone at the embassy. I need to get my passport back with or without stamping. I need to travel outside canada urgently, they kept my passport during interview and its been already a week now.

Thanks,

Areddy.

Dude,

Can you please provide me the number to speak to someone at the embassy. I need to get my passport back with or without stamping. I need to travel outside canada urgently, they kept my passport during interview and its been already a week now.

Thanks,

Areddy.

You can get their phone from the website.

• 11 months later...

Dear friends,

I read the forum. I have lot of hope that you all can guide. I am health care professional and I came on 2 nd sept for an interview. I got 221g. They ask all kind of different documents. They ask company for explanation about gross annual income shown in petition. Last 2 years company not make any profit and doing loss. So gross is not matching. My status update date was 19 sept then last week changed to 31 oct. It's been more than 2 months. I am in canda. Consulate have my passport. Please guide what I can do in this situation.

Archived