ac-21 with the client low salary

sathsy

I work for a very big consulting company and have a pending 485 for more than a year now.

The client is offering a position similar in a different team with a salary almost 20K less than when my PERM was filed.

Now I dont know what was the PWD obtained by my consulting company and as of today, my salary is 29K more than what the client is offering.

There is a big reason why I am taking the pay cut. The client has a defined benefits pension plan and lot of other benefits plus a fortune 50 company which offers some great stability.

I am planning to use my EAD and invoke AC-21 portability. I know the memo is not clear on what is a significant discrepancy in the salary.

I am thoroughly concerned if I should take up this job offer or not. My consulting position might be a little shaky in the coming year with looming budget cuts and the intent to employ me directly.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

As long as the job is similar, you are fine. Great benefits are worth a lot, so I don't think this difference in salary is meaningful.

Thanks Belle. Yes the Pension plan is much beneficial is what I've been reading (this is apart from the 401k match). I believe the perception for me has to change. Me getting more money today than getting it as a defined benefits later.

Thanks for your input.

Archived