Schengen visa from Italian consulate on AP

Phew

Hi,

I am planning to visit Italy this winter. I have a valid H-1B (no stamp) and AP valid till march 15th. I have returned to US earlier on AP so I believe that is OK. I do have 2 questions though - 

1. Do European consulates accept AP as a travel document to return to US ? 

2. The consulate site mentions that the travel document should be valid 3 months after the expiry of Schengen visa. In my case my AP is expiring 2 and a half months after the planned trip. Does anybody know how stringent are the consulates in following this 3 month rule? 

I will try calling the consulate to make sure. It would be great if somebody has had first hand experience. 

Thanks

Hi,

I am planning to visit Italy this winter. I have a valid H-1B (no stamp) and AP valid till march 15th. I have returned to US earlier on AP so I believe that is OK. I do have 2 questions though - 

1. Do European consulates accept AP as a travel document to return to US ? 

2. The consulate site mentions that the travel document should be valid 3 months after the expiry of Schengen visa. In my case my AP is expiring 2 and a half months after the planned trip. Does anybody know how stringent are the consulates in following this 3 month rule? 

I will try calling the consulate to make sure. It would be great if somebody has had first hand experience. 

Thanks

1. Yes - I used it to travel to Switzerland

2. You will have to apply and try, I don't think this should be big issue.

• 3 years later...

Archived