Canada TRV - Online Application - Timeline for Stamping?

areddy1234

Hello All,

I have applied for Canadian visit visa and received an email to send my original passport. I have sent my passport and it reached Canadian Embassy in NY on Sep 30th.

I havent heard anything from them yet, and worried as to how long will it take for them to stamp the passport with visa and send it back in general?

I thought once they ask us to send passport, it indicates that they have made a decision to approve visa, and need our passport to stamp visa accordingly.

Getting little nervous, as my travel is in 2 weeks and havent heard from them yet.

Anyone out there who got their visa approved, can you please provide some information as to how long does it normally take for them to stamp passport and send it back.

Also, if there is any contact information where we can call or send email to check the status please let me know.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Areddy.

My canada visitor visa online application timeline

Applied on 10th september 2013

Got email to send passport on 4th October 2013

Send passport on 5th October 2013

NYC canda consulate received passport on 7th October 2013

Waiting for passport now

I have read online that NYC consulate is taking approx month to return passport and LA consulate is faster and taking approx. 1 week to return passport. So expecting passport back in 2 weeks.

I have applied for TRV to canada on September 19th and havenot heard anything from them yet.I have heard many people who applied around this same date got a response.

1.Does anyone know how long does it approximately take?

2.Is there anyone whose visa has been rejected after taking so long for response.

3.can i email or call anybody on the same.

4.I have applied online.So can anyone tell me where does all the online applications get processed..OTTOWA?

It would be great if someone can answer these questions.i have my h1 interview on nov 5th.This is getting on my nerves now :(

Also around what time have you seen the mesage from CIC...

I have applied for canada visitor visa online on 13th september 2013.

Got an email message to send passport on 23rd september 2013

Sent my passport on 23rd September 2013 and they have received it on 25th September 2013.

I'm still waiting for my passport . I'm little bit tensed as i have my interview on OCT 28th.

I tried to enquire about the status of my application by an email to  re-cngny-immigration@international.gc.ca.

Here is the reply which i got from them..

" Due to the volume of messages, we will only respond to requests for
application status if the processing period posted on our website has been
exceeded. Please visit:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.
aspx?view=dAny

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are authorizing CIC to
use your email address for communication including transmission of
personal information on your file/case."

In my case it took 30 days to complete the whole process.

after posting my passport i got it back in 15 days. So don't worry hopefully u will receive ur PP in 1 - 2 days.

Thank You, hopefull that is the case, it is more than 16 days now since theyve received the passport, and no response yet. It is getting to my nerves now.

Can you please let me know the dates when you sent the passport and received it?

I have applied for canada visitor visa online on 13th september 2013.

Got an email message to send passport on 23rd september 2013

Sent my passport on 23rd September 2013 and they have received it on 25th September 2013.

I'm still waiting for my passport . I'm little bit tensed as i have my interview on OCT 28th.

I tried to enquire about the status of my application by an email to  re-cngny-immigration@international.gc.ca.

Here is the reply which i got from them..

" Due to the volume of messages, we will only respond to requests for

application status if the processing period posted on our website has been

exceeded. Please visit:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.

aspx?view=dAny

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are authorizing CIC to

use your email address for communication including transmission of

personal information on your file/case."

I got the same response. Have you received any update yet? I am in the same boat, and im getting really worried due to the delay.

areddy1234,

Dont worry  much.You will get your passport back in next couple of days i guess.

I sent my passport to them on september 23rd and they have received it on september 25th.Now,it is on its way back. From yesterday night i was able to track my passport .

So i hope you will get it soon too.Best of luck :)

areddy1234,

Dont worry  much.You will get your passport back in next couple of days i guess.

I sent my passport to them on september 23rd and they have received it on september 25th.Now,it is on its way back. From yesterday night i was able to track my passport .

So i hope you will get it soon too.Best of luck :)

Congrats man! All the best for your interview :)

Hopefully I will receive it in next couple of days!

I sent email to consulate about returning of passport and got below response from them.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are currently operating on a 2-4 week delay from the time we receive the original passport(s) to the time we are able to return the passport(s) via mail. Priority is given to passports submitted through the VAC. We are unable to answer status enquiries at this time. Should you wish to withdraw your application, please reply by email and include “WITHDRAW” in the subject line.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York

Archived