F1 to H1 Visa - EVC Model - Stamping in Canada??

carpediem24

Ok... I am freaked out after reading all the stories here. Here is my situation.

I came to US in 2007 on a F1 Visa and recently joined a Desi consultancy (around 10 employees) and have been working with a major client from Jan2011. There is a very reputable American vendor in between my employer and the client. My H1 was approved a week ago and after 4 years of exile, am excited to go to India for the first time in December. All the stories about 221g have scandalized me and now I am rethinking my decision of going back right now.

1. Does going to Canada have better chances of H1 stamping? So that I can get the stamp and then go to India? If I am given a 221g in Canada, will they send me back to India till its cleared or am I stuck in Canada?

2. Its natural human tendency to post bad experiences promptly. So I understand a lot of people may not post their H1 Visa success stories. But is this really the trend with 221g slips or are people with 221g a 'Minority'? Does anyone have any insight into a rough statistical analysis of the ration of 'Approvals Vs 221g Vs Rejections'?

3. If I do go to India, can I take all the 'Petitioner' documents with me like employee list, employer tax records for 2 years and so on to help the process? Because the 'HR' from my consultancy said they would need to send those docs to the consulate, if 221g states that and I can not take those documents. Is that true?

BTW< my desi consultant is a legitimate employer and everything is legitimate and no one from my firm has been rejected a H1B visa so far. I dont even know if that helps.

Can someone please be kind enough in putting me out of my misery and in the process, a lot of others who maybe in a similar situation. I'll be grateful to anyone who responds!

Cheers!

Archived