Change Job on OPT & H1B?

wangpayton

Hi,

I'm in OPT STEM Extension(expiration date 10/6/13) now and my current company A has file the H1B for me, due to the RFE, the application statue is still pending. Now, I got an offer from company B. Just wonder can I work for company B with my OPT? if not, should my company A revoke the H1B application immediately or I can keep it to process? if I can work for company B with OPT, when can I star to work? Thank you.

P.S Actually, company B prefer to hire me as with OPT Extension, and they are planning to sponsor me for 2015 H1B.

Payton

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm in OPT STEM Extension(expiration date 10/6/13) now and my current company A has file the H1B for me, due to the RFE, the application statue is still pending. Now, I got an offer from company B. Just wonder can I work for company B with my OPT? if not, should my company A revoke the H1B application immediately or I can keep it to process? if I can work for company B with OPT, when can I star to work? Thank you.

P.S Actually, company B prefer to hire me as with OPT Extension, and they are planning to sponsor me for 2015 H1B.

Payton

You Can work for any employer as long as you are on OPT .However that would be the case when your H1B is approved.

Once your H1B is approved you can ONLY work for the sponsor employer.

Archived