H1-B stamping and Passport renewal

joshuaraj

Hi there

I have few questions on my H1B stamping and passport renewal...My Indian passport expires on Oct 2014 and I have my approved I-797 for my H1B visa until May 2015...I will be traveling to India in Dec 2014 for stamping; should I need to renew my passport before that? (The concern that I have is my visa (I797) validity date, is more that my passport validity date) Will my visa be approved until the last date of I797 or until my last day of current passport? Kindly clarify.

Regards

Joshua

Hi there

I have few questions on my H1B stamping and passport renewal...My Indian passport expires on Oct 2014 and I have my approved I-797 for my H1B visa until May 2015...I will be traveling to India in Dec 2014 for stamping; should I need to renew my passport before that? (The concern that I have is my visa (I797) validity date, is more that my passport validity date) Will my visa be approved until the last date of I797 or until my last day of current passport? Kindly clarify.

Regards

Joshua

I believe you will get till May 2015. But, if you do not renew you passport your I94 validity would be stamped as Oct 2014. Then you would need to exit and re-enter By Oct 2014 to get a new I94 to be in legal status in US

Hi there

Regards

Joshua

until the last day of I 797.

Also its easy for you to apply for a passport here in US and it takes one month to arrive after you apply.

Archived