All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VModi

Do we need transit visa through LHR airport for going to India.

My wife was on valid H1B visa here in USA with approved I797 but not visa stamp.

Recently we filled the I-539 for change of status to H4.

We will be travelling to Europe and from there to India. We both have Schengen visa (Class C)

Our flight back to india is from Paris via LHR(Heathrow) to Mumbai. 

I do have valid H1B stamp in my passport but my wife does not have H4 stamp as she'll be getting it in India.

Does I and she require UK Transit visa when travelling to India via British Airways from Heathrow airport ??

Thanks,

Vishal

The answer is Yes , you need a UK transit visa

But the forum is not the best palce. please email UK consulate for best answers

You dont want to spoil your trip on the day of travelling when your wife is stopped and not allowed to travel.

I believe if your Schengen Visa is valid then your wife does not need Transit Visa..but you may go to their website and check.

I believe if your Schengen Visa is valid then your wife does not need Transit Visa..but you may go to their website and check.

Omshiv, I believe Schengen visa does not apply in UK as it is not a part of Schengen framework.

Omshiv, I believe Schengen visa does not apply in UK as it is not a part of Schengen framework.

Oh Im sorry. So I guess the Schengen visa would apply to majority of EU except UK and few other countries.